Nidhish_Jaju's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Exploring Malshej Ghat: Journey to the Enchanting Kalu Waterfall

Located within India's Western Ghats Range, Malshej Ghat is a mountain pass that offers a breathtaking experience, especially during the monsoon season. From Thitabi Village, a beautiful yet challenging trail leads to Kalu Waterfall, also known as God's Valley. This journey offers more than just a simple hike; it’s a mesmerizing adventure through lush green mountains and numerous waterfalls.

Malshej GhatMalshej Ghat

The Trail to Kalu Waterfall
The trail begins in Thitabi Village, guiding you through the heart of the Sahyadri region. The path can be risky, as the rain often makes the stones slippery, but the lush scenery and vibrant waterfalls make every step worth it. Kalu Waterfall, one of the most stunning waterfalls in the region, originates from Harishchandragad and flows down in five distinct stages.

Kalu Waterfall & Paradise WaterfallKalu Waterfall & Paradise Waterfall

A Mesmerizing Monsoon View
During the monsoon season, Kalu Waterfall becomes a majestic sight as it flows with increased vigor and danger. The best view of the waterfall can be seen from the base after traversing the challenging terrain. If you prefer a bird's-eye view, the Andari Jungle trail offers a different perspective from above. You can rappel down Kalu waterfall.

Kalu Waterfall God'S ValleyKalu Waterfall God'S Valley

As you explore the region, you may also encounter two additional waterfalls: Paradise Waterfall and Reverse Waterfall. Both offer unique and picturesque views that add to the allure of the trail.

Exploring the Malshej Ghat region and its enchanting waterfalls is an unforgettable experience for any nature enthusiast. Whether you choose to venture through the trails or take in the beauty from different vantage points, you are sure to be captivated by the stunning natural landscapes of this remarkable region.

God's ValleyGod's Valley

Reccomadation:-

To visit this stunning destination, you can travel by bike, car, or public transport. It is conveniently located near Malshej Ghat, approximately 160 km from Pune. 

For parking, there are public parking areas available at the base village, and you can ask the locals for guidance on where to park your vehicle.

Regarding food, there are a few restaurants nearby. Additionally, local villagers sometimes take orders and serve homemade food, offering a delightful and authentic dining experience.

As for accommodation, there are several options available including hotels, resorts, and camping sites where you can bring your own personal tent. 

Washrooms are available in the base village for your convenience.

Before heading to God's Valley and Kalu Waterfall, it is crucial to check the weather conditions with the locals. If they advise against going due to heavy water flow, it is best to follow their advice as the journey can become dangerous and life-threatening. High water flow can make crossing multiple streams impossible, leaving you stranded. There have been several incidents during the monsoon season, so it is essential to prioritize your safety.
Nidhish Jaju ||" Exploring the world, one trail at a time "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Thitabi Tarf Vaishakhare, Maharashtra, India
12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Exploring Malshej Ghat: Journey to the Enchanting Kalu Waterfall

What a gorgeous waterfall and scenic beauty - nicely captured in your photos, dear @Nidhish_Jaju 

Excellent post that gives all-round information 👍

Now I am more than waiting for monsoon to arrive to explore destinations like these 🌧 🌈

Level 9

Betreff: Exploring Malshej Ghat: Journey to the Enchanting Kalu Waterfall

@Nidhish_Jaju 

So eine fantastische Landschaft und Wasserfälle üben immer eine besondere 

Anziehung und Freude aus

Level 8

Wonderful post and photos @Nidhish_Jaju . Malshej Ghat looks amazing during the monsoon season, and the beauty of nature seems magnificent during that time.

Thank you for sharing with us. 

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

Level 8

Wonderful Post @Nidhish_Jaju and also wonderful place 😄 

चलो बारिश में निकल पड़ते है.....

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

Level 8

Excellent and Stunning Shots Dear @Nidhish_Jaju. Keep Rocking

Level 6

@Tushar_Suradkar Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the photos. The monsoon season will make the destinations even more beautiful. I'm also waiting for Monsoon 

Level 6

Betreff: Exploring Malshej Ghat: Journey to the Enchanting Kalu Waterfall

@Annaelisa Thank you Glad you enjoyed it.

Level 6

@Praniketmore Thanks buddy Glad you enjoyed it.

Level 6

@Raj_Tayade Thank you. Chalo me ready hu.