FalguniP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Exploring History with Technology - Atal Smruti Udhyan

Hello Local Guides

Ever thought that a wasteland can be turned into beautiful park/ museum?

Well today I want to share about this museum called Atal Smruti Udhyan, which is made in the memory of  Prime Minister of India in the 90's Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji. This place depicts the life journey and have collection of literature and poems written by him.

This place is built on a open space which was earlier a waste land.

20210211_182632-01.jpeg20210211_182632-01.jpeg

Last year due to COVID  the place was shut almost for 10months and now they have re-opened.

The thing that fascinated me was the wheelchair entrance and a wheelchair at the entrance.

Caption : collage of photos of wheelchair accessible entrance and wheelchair at the entrance.Caption : collage of photos of wheelchair accessible entrance and wheelchair at the entrance.

In India I have noticed many government places / banks usually have Accessibility features.

Not only the entrance but the whole muesme is made ideal for all. 

There were braille discriptions and text description in English, Hindi and Marathi near each object in the exhibition hall,  They had headphones for listening to the poems and writings of Atal Ji. Caption : collage of photos inside the exhibition hall, showing description in different languages and Braille, headphones for listening to the poems and writings.Caption : collage of photos inside the exhibition hall, showing description in different languages and Braille, headphones for listening to the poems and writings.

I was also stunned by the use of technology like Augmented Reality for fun quiz game where 4 players participate and questions are asked based on the documentary shown in Ampitheater. The game is played using tabs and we can see ourselves on screen and Atal ji on screen sitting in between the participants and explaining the answers during the quiz.

Caption : Collage of photo of AR quiz area 1st photo showing players, 2nd photo on top showing the tab with instructions in regional language, 3rd bottom photo showing quiz rulesCaption : Collage of photo of AR quiz area 1st photo showing players, 2nd photo on top showing the tab with instructions in regional language, 3rd bottom photo showing quiz rules

3d printings the architecture to make a lookalike of parliament, prime ministers office and the beautiful library with books in different regional and English language. There are collection of medals and awards, papers and writing material related to journalism. Also a miniature of pokhran Nuclear test gorund is made 

Caption: photo collage of top left replica of prime minister office sofa, 2nd bottom left hanging artificial books written by Atal Ji, top 1st right depicting the poem about labours who built Taj Mahal, 2nd right miniature of Parliament of India made using 3d Printing, 3rd bottom right writing material belonging to journalism period of Atal JiCaption: photo collage of top left replica of prime minister office sofa, 2nd bottom left hanging artificial books written by Atal Ji, top 1st right depicting the poem about labours who built Taj Mahal, 2nd right miniature of Parliament of India made using 3d Printing, 3rd bottom right writing material belonging to journalism period of Atal Ji 

Staff was really helpful and assisted to share each and every place. 

There are different seating area around which are made in open space, they also have drinking water and washroom.

*Prior Permission from security is required for photography.

Check out my review here 

Have you been to museum? What you liked about that place

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
24 comments
Level 9

Re: Exploring History with Technology - Atal Smruti Udhyan

Yeaaaah 💃

Deni @DeniGu if I get to see Augmented Reality post twice a day, then what does that make me?

Level 9

@FalguniP this post is beautiful.

This is some ancient place with Modern vibes. Did you try to listen to the poems with the headphones provided?

Is it the same headphones for everyone or can one bring along their own headphones?

The most beautiful  part of the whole post is the reflection of a beautiful woman in the Marble on the wall, can you see her too? 😄

As a lover of Museums, I have being yo quite a few, The one that is loosely similar to this one will be the Odu'a Museum. It's  a Heritage Museum that shares details of the lives of the Yoruba people of South-Western Nigeria, our traditions, cultures and customs. I loved it at this particular one. Another one will be the one at Badagry where they shared some history of the Slave Trade, if I tell you all about my museum visits, others won't  have space to comment 😄

Level 10

@FalguniP  it's really very attractive and well designed . hope one day i visit in there 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Classic post @FalguniP it's very near. Museum seems nice and interesting. Your review is very nice. Thanks for sharing such a great post.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Hi @FalguniP ,

Photos are really nice and informative photo (wheelchair,language).

#HappyGuiding

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Connect Moderator

@FalguniP Ohh I would absolutely love this place, I mean I actually feel like I do from your post, but I would love to visit it someday too. I mean accessibility + tech + interesting history? I would be very happy hahah

Thank you for sharing about the accessibility side of it, and for telling us that many similar places in India also have accessibility features, it's very nice to know.

And of course, thank you for sharing with us the whole post! It seems like a great place.

Connect Moderator

This is a really nice place with facilities for people with all kinds of disabilities @FalguniP. Thanks for sharing this post with us. 

If I may say so, last year I organized my meetup at Khijariya Bird Sanctuary. During my visit, I also visited the Bird Museum, which has a special facility for all types of disabled people who come here. Such as audio-visual gallery, wheelchair facility etc.

IMG_20191214_132355.jpgIMG_20191214_132355.jpg

Bird museum with audio visual gallery. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

@Ewaade_3A 

Many people are still not aware of this place 🤭

Apart from exploring local food, I like to explore such hidden gems around me 😄 

The headphones are attached to wood, we cannot use our headphones these can be used by everyone.

I heard the poems and one of them touched my heart the poem is called Unchai meaning - peak/heights.. the poem has very deep meaning.

Other poems were related to patriotisms.

The odu'a museum

Seems like an amazing place, it's great to know about culture and traditions, they are great example to share how we have evolved and innovated at the same time they also keep our roots intact 🙂

Ps. I need to work on that photography to avoid my reflection 😁

@MahabubMunna @KalyanPal 

Thank you for appreciating,

I am sure you will love this place and enjoy learning more with technology.

@Rohan10 thank you 🙂 you can go here with your son, It's really good for kids.

It is quite informative. 

@Jesi thank you 🙂 I am glad you liked the post.

The government usually builds such places so that everyone can access them. For other places like restaurants/ shops/ offices etc it can be a bit difficulty to offer Accessibility features as they are rented space and cannot make more changes in outer structure. I am happy to see many of them are making improvements whenever possible to make place ideal for everyone.

@NareshDarji wow! 

It's nice to see the museum built with features which make it more accessible.

Do they share the sounds of different birds or a description about them in the audio?

I must say, Gujarat has many places to explore for wildlife and History.

Level 9

@Jesi I am happybwe have been able to infect you. Your enthusiasm is getting really contagious. Now, you make me want to read the whole post over again 😄