bolarzeal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Exploring Badagry. Coconuts, Fish and History.

20190613_160801-ANIMATION.gif

I'm currently shooting a documentary about Badagry town. This is given me an opportunity to explore and know a little more about history and culture of Badagry. Badagry is a coastal town in the outskirts of Lagos. It's the last town before the boarder of Nigeria and Benin Republic. I was able to experience the food, culture and rich history of the ancient coastal town.

This is my adventure in pictures and colors.

The foundation of the building was laid in 1842 while the house was completed in 1845.

First Story Building in Nigeria. Built in 1845First Story Building in Nigeria. Built in 1845

Fishing is the major business in BadagryFilming a fisherman preparing his nest for the next catch in Topo VillageFilming a fisherman preparing his nest for the next catch in Topo VillageThe colorful masquerades usually come out during major festivalsEgungun Masquerade Festival In Badagry TownEgungun Masquerade Festival In Badagry Town

Gberefu Island also known as Point of No ReturnPoint of No Return MonumentPoint of No Return MonumentLocal Fish Market, BadagryLocal Fish Market, BadagryTopo Peninsula, abandoned Missionary Outpost in BadagryTopo Peninsula, abandoned Missionary Outpost in BadagryLocal Girl Sorting Coconuts freshly harvestedLocal Girl Sorting Coconuts freshly harvestedWoman drying reeds used in making traditional mats.Woman drying reeds used in making traditional mats.Graveyard of Missionaries in Topo Peninsula, BadagryGraveyard of Missionaries in Topo Peninsula, BadagryCross Section of Boats in Fishermen Village, BadagryCross Section of Boats in Fishermen Village, Badagry

Badagry, Nigeria
19 comments
Level 8

Re: Exploring Badagry. Coconuts, Fish and History.

Great post @bolarzeal. I love your creative approach to this post. I have done some write ups about exploring Badagry on connect but your creative touch to this post is awesome. Kudos, keep up the good work. 

Level 8

Thanks @Onukakalu. So much stories to tell about Badagry and so many places to explore. 

Level 8

wow, its really awesome. So much information about this place.  It seems like to me that im there when i was reading your post. Thanks for sharing. 

Level 8

This is great, really.

I'm better informed about Badagry already.

The pictures are beautiful, by the way.

Many thanks to you @bolarzeal.

#KOHtes
Level 8

Exactly, @bolarzeal there lots of places to explore in Badagry. The list is inexhaustible. Thanks for sharing. 

Level 8

@bolarzeal Topo Peninsula is stunning. Is your photo from a drone? Thank you for sharing this post with us.

Level 8

Hi @bolarzeal 

Nice pictures and report.

Regards from Slovakia.

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Level 8

Thanks @Ruxellan. You have to be here one day to experience this place.

Level 8

Glad you like the post. The Connect is really giving us opportunities to educate one another.