Vratsagirl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Enjoying the sunset on The Long Walk, Galway City, Ireland

To be honest, enjoying (weather related) is not something you say very often for Galway city but well, occasionally we are blessed with moments of perfect bliss when the weather is just right and we forget we live in Ireland. 

Galway city at it's bestGalway city at it's best

Last year during Mojo Fest 2018 I had the opportunity to spent a few gorgeous days walking Galway and taking photos. It was an amazing experience and on top of it all we got this weather....No words to describe it...Usually it's raining, windy and a bit chilly but not that week and actually the summer was out of this world too.

Galway city, IrelandGalway city, Ireland

The Long Walk is where the Corrib river meets the ocean and the most fantastic spot for hanging out in the summer. No better way to spent the day if you have nothing to do..but enjoy the sun and your freedom ?

Galway city IrelandGalway city Ireland

If you are planning a visit to Ireland Galway city is a must because there is so may places to discover here and  also it is the starting point for Connemara. And if you come all the way her and you don't go to Connemara too you are lost forever... IMG_20180529_191535-1200x1000.jpg

IMG_20180529_194131-01-1200x1000.jpg

IMG_20180529_225159-01-1200x1000.jpg

spanish arch_annie japaud20180002.JPG

spanish arch_annie japaud20180003.JPG

The Long Walk, Galway City, IrelandThe Long Walk, Galway City, Ireland

Galway City, County Galway, Ireland
16 comments
Level 7

Re: Enjoying the sunset on The Long Walk, Galway City, Ireland

You had a magnificent weather that day indeed, @Vratsagirl ! The grass looks emerald in some of the photos - I was starting to wonder if it's a myth, actually. Is that the Spanish Arch noticeable in one of the images? 

Level 8

Thanks @FlameFox for the interest. Yes it is the Spanish Arch. Have you been to Galway?

Level 8

More photos in my blog post Blue skies over Spanish ArchSpanish Arch, GalwaySpanish Arch, Galway

Level 7

Many thanks for confirming, @Vratsagirl . Thought my memories are playing up. Yes, I had an overnight stay a long time ago but there was too much cold and rain at that time. My group decided to take a quick walk, during which we didn't see much. It was the City Museum that saved the day with all the images of this place and wonderful stone collection. Has it been updated recently? 

Level 8

I am afraid you got a nasty spell of Irish weather there. But to be honest I love going photo taking in the rain because the colours and the contrasts are so much better. Obviously not when it's pouring cats and dogs 😉 i wouldn't like that during my whole holiday either...

I will let let you in on a little secret there... I have lived in the Galway area for more than 15 years ...and I never went to the museum...I passed by it once....so this will be my mission for this summer...and a little post for local guides 😉 with photos haha

have a great day

Level 10

Hi @Vratsagirl. It seems like the atmosphere is very comfortable, warm, and of course it's fun to enjoy it among best friends

Level 8

yes @br14n everything is better done with friends 😉 

thanks for your comment 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Vratsagirl,

Thanks for sharing!

Lovely photos, I remember the summer last year too. The summer in Denmark was one of the hottest on longest lasting we've ever had. 

I've heard so many great things about Galway, and I've been urged to visit numerous times. Maybe I should put it at the top of my list this summer.

Aside from Connemara, what would you recommend for tourists to see in Galway?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing this nice topic @Vratsagirl ,

Where did people find sun in Ireland is beyond me.

Just joking!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators