SShuvo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Enchanting Hum Hum Waterfall

Whenever I’ve heard Hum Hum from whoever it was all praise. It was after hearing it’s praise for the umpteenth time that I decided to visit the waterfall, but could not manage the time.

In last semester break, after returning from Bandarban I’ve come to know that our Google Local Guide community is joining with another community for Hum Hum and Rajkandi tour. Since I’ve just returned from Bandarban I decided to skip this one. But due to peer pressure, I had to cave in, oh well, packed my bag and set sail towards the bus counter.

Enchanting Hum Hum WaterfallEnchanting Hum Hum Waterfall

The sky was gloomy, even before we started. It’s usual to rain during the season, but this time it was different. The news was there was tidal depression and as a result, heavy rain is to occur 3-4 days throughout the country. Srimangal is the rainiest place in Bangladesh, we were doubting if we could make it to Humhum.

At Tea Garden before storm!At Tea Garden before storm!

Someone who recently visited Hum Hum told me that a number of leeches they’ve seen during the summer and the amount of water flood, it’s unlikely that we can make it during the rainy season. We’re likely to swim the whole route, we didn’t have any problem with leeches, but since we had a female accompanying us also a foreigner, it was not likely that we could swim.

The sky started pouring before we reached Srimangal, and it was some rain, there was no sign of it stopping. We didn’t have much time in our hand, so we started nevertheless in our reserved jeep. Destination Adampur Forest Office Guesthouse.

After reaching Adampur State Forest Guesthouse, we wandered around and after light breakfast, we started to Kolabonpara. From there Hum Hum was a 3 hours trail. Since our female companion was slow it took us a bit more than 3 hours.Tea and Hum HumTea and Hum Hum

”The water was clear as glass, the stream was trailing down the mountain upon big boulders. Little mist of water was evaporating, forming a dense cloud. The scene was absolutely mind-blowing. Seeing water stream coming down from 150 feet and going through rock formations was absolutely enchanting, lavish and wonderful. And the amount of unknown flora and fauna embracing the waterfall was just cherry on top.

This kind of scene is beyond any words, it’s not possible to describe it accurately in a paper. When the whole forest gets revitalized after a heavy downpour, Hamham gets back its primal beauty. And what an amazing site that is. When the clear water stream goes to the river, it feels like even the river is anxiously waiting for the stream to unite with her.” Yes, I talk about Hum Hum waterfall and the trail.

Munna Bhai pose with flagMunna Bhai pose with flag

It was late afternoon when we reached Kolabonpara from Hum Hum, after having a meal, we started to our guesthouse, just after dusk, one group started towards Dhaka and we stayed.

The next day we visited a trail in Rajkandi Reserve Forest and started to Dhaka.

A Selfie from Tea GradenA Selfie from Tea Graden

Here is video 

How to go?

Dhaka-Srimangal-Kalabon Para- Hum Hum Waterfall 

Cost?

1500tk($18) to ($25) 2000tk per person

It was #BangladeshLocalGuides 69th meet-up in 20th May 2017. 

Dhaka, Bangladesh
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Enchanting Hum Hum Waterfall

@SShuvo Your experience is amazing, I had to grab a cup of tea to enjoy this beautiful and well written poetic post of yours. Superb. Thanks for sharing with us.

The waterfall itself looks awesome, looking from the photos shows this place is a must visit place. I also see a few familiar faces I know from the Bangladesh Local Guides community. Once again thank you for sharing this awesome post.

Kind Regards

Level 10

@SShuvo thanks a lot for share . hope   @NadyaPN  @MarinSt@GeorgesHR @KlaudiyaG , @JeslynL you like this meetup and don't forget to see this video 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Hello @SShuvo Thanks for sharing your travel experiences and meetup. I have stayed in Bangladesh for more than a week, want to visit it again. 

The water fall looks awesome, hope to visit it someday.

Best, Niraj

Former Google Contributor

Pure magic! The video and the pictures are breathtaking and the way describe the whole journey was as I'm reading a fairy tale!

Thank you @SShuvo for introducing me to the Hum Hum waterfall and thank you @MahabubMunna for tagging me. 🙂

P.S.: I wish to the person with the wounded leg a faster healing and I really hope that the injury wasn't serious.

Regards,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

yes @KlaudiyaG it's one of most dangerous trail in Bangladesh . if any one fall down . it's mean you forget him only Forest service team can took him from there . but it's really interesting . around 12 km trail you walk then you see this water fall  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

মিস করেছিলাম, কিন্তু যেতে মন চায়!