CaptainHook's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

El Asador

Hello guides,

I'd like those of you that are from Argentina to have a look on a restaurant that is located in Prague, Czech republic and claims to be Argentinian.

It's called El Assador. From what you can see in Google maps and on their site (don't worry for the language, once you get to the menu, it gets international), do you think it's authentic? Thank you very muchin advance!

BTW: Even if it's not, they're very cool and I'll still like them - it's for curiosity only as I've never been to Argentina.

This is a request to review by authenticity board.

Argentina
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: El Asador

Hello @CaptainHook,

I know a motivated Local Guide, who will be happy to assist us here. @ValeriaA_ I am interested if this restaurant is authentic as well.

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Hi @CaptainHook, the restaurant definitely offers a lot of traditional argentinian food.

The grilled beef, chicken and sausage are always part of argentinian barbeques, called asados. "El Asador" is the person who cooks the asado.

In Argentina restaurants have parrilladas like the ones "El Asador" but with more variety, they usually consist of different cuts of beef, some chicken, blood sausages, grilled sausages, gizzard, chinchulín (cow's intestine, I couldn't find a translation) and sometimes kidney. 

The provoleta is a typical starter when ordering parrilladas, and the fried calamari, that are called rabas here, are also found un many argentinian restaurants.

The chimichurri sauce is always present in the asados, the criolla sauce too but I don't see it in the menu.

I also noticed they offer flan with dulce de leche, it is a typical dessert here. It can also be served with cream.

They have some dishes that I don't think are argentinian, such as the fried jalapeño peppers and the ceviche, but most of it is. The owner may have spent some time in Argentina, but I don't think he was raised here because some traditional foods are missing.

Argentinian parrillada. Sorry for the quality, I haven't had one for too long :(Argentinian parrillada. Sorry for the quality, I haven't had one for too long 😞

I'm glad you like the restaurant and hope you are able to come to Argentina some day so you can keep trying our food 😊

Level 10

Hi @CaptainHook, thanks for tagging @GeorgesHR!! 

This is really crazy, I can't believe there is an argentinian restaurant in Prague! I will have to visit it 😉 

It looks really authentic actually, even the style of the restaurant reminds me of some places I've been to here in my country. Its name "El Asador" refers to the person who cooks "asado" (kind of a barbecue). It's also a tradition to give a group applause to el asador while eating. Actually I had asado yesterday for lunch, unfortunately didn't take any photos 😞 

I feel honored to be represented in another part of the world, I really appreciate you share this post with us, thank you very much 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Former Google Contributor

Hey @ValeriaA_ and @Jesi,

Thanks for the information you guys provided.

Really interesting indeed!

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Thank you all for your input, next time I'll eat there it will be with even more pleasure (for I will know ;-P).

If you like the idea of letting somebody very far away know more about what they can taste from your cuisine @Jesi@ValeriaA_@GeorgesHR  please join the forum I've started here.

If you come across Czech restaurant anywhere, let me know for sure! 😉

Level 10

Thanks for sharing that forum with us @CaptainHook 🙂 It's useful!

CaptainHook ha escrito:

Thank you all for your input, next time I'll eat there it will be with even more pleasure (for I will know ;-P).

If you like the idea of letting somebody very far away know more about what they can taste from your cuisine @Jesi@ValeriaAumasque@GeorgesHR  please join the forum I've started here.

If you come across Czech restaurant anywhere, let me know for sure! 😉

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG