Altafkhokher's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Drawing own route on Google maps

Sometime due to less activity, the suggested rout isn't appropriate. How can I draw own route on maps to guide someone?

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Drawing own route on Google maps

Hi @Altafkhokher,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please, read this article Steps to report wrong directions which is very useful and it will help you. If you want to add a missing road you could follow these steps:

To report a missing road on desktop

• Open Google Maps
  • Click Send Feedback in the lower right corner
  • Select Report a Missing Road
  • Place the pin where the missing road should appear
  • Add the name of the road and any additional information

To report a missing road on Android

• Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Maps app
  • Go to the location where the missing road should appear
  • Open the Menu and tap Send Feedback
  • Tap the location of the missing road

Please be advised that the Google algorithms analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the input, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything added to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines.

You can also use Google My Maps to create your own map, which will be useful for you.

By the way I've relabeled your post. It now appears under How-Tos topic section, because fits better to it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Altafkhokher,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please, read this article Steps to report wrong directions which is very useful and it will help you. If you want to add a missing road you could follow these steps:

To report a missing road on desktop

• Open Google Maps
  • Click Send Feedback in the lower right corner
  • Place the pin where the missing road should appear

To report a missing road on Android

• Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Maps app
  • Go to the location where the missing road should appear
  • Open the Menu and tap Send Feedback
  • Tap the location of the missing road

Please be advised that the Google algorithms analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the input, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything added to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines.

You can also use Google My Maps to create your own map, which will be useful for you.

By the way I've relabeled your post. It now appears under How-Tos topic section, because fits better to it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @Altafkhokher you can use Google MyMaps to do this where you can add any points you want and set up routes between them in any way that you would like then share the MyMap with the person you want to help.

https//mymaps.google.com/

Level 10

@Altafkhokher 

It's good idea to use Google My Maps to draw specific route in Google My Maps and share it as @PaulPavlinovich wrote. But You must to remember that it's not possible to navigate through the drawed route on someone device but the route is visible as a layer in Maps app.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Connect Moderator

@JacekNK is correct that these Maps are static @Altafkhokher