Rahulgo8u's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Does images also gets verified by Google and gets deleted, if it's a spam?

The images that we submit on maps are just submitted easily. Does Google verify the images and deletes all spam images? 

Rahul Anand
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Does images also gets verified by Google and gets deleted, if it's a spam?

@Rahulgo8u There are some basic automatic filters, but many incorrect images do get through. What I can say in my experience is that the automatic filter does filter out images with lots of text (even legitimate images), but may allow pictures (even spammy ones) to get through.. 
So for example, if I visited a government offices and took photos of a notice board with printed paper and messages with important information, many times, that gets filtered out and not approved... whilst, if someone shot selfies, family photos, wrong location, of a place, many times, that gets through..

So it's not perfect, but I think it should be improving as the time goes by. That's why as Local Guides we have options to flag inappropriate images..

Level 10

Re: Does images also gets verified by Google and gets deleted, if it's a spam?

@Rahulgo8u some time google filter works as @StephenAbraham brother told you and some times LGS like you and me reported them if we found spam 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless