AdrianWCT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Display Homes in WA Run

I currently deep into my annual display homes run. This is where I aim to visit every display home in Western Australia. So far I have visited 417 houses in more than 33 land estates.

I need to do this for a number of reasons for my work. But what I'm finding is there is scant information online and I'm able to update some but mostly create heaps of information on maps. I'm sure this will be a huge help for anyone looking for a new home or land estate.

My metro part of the runMy metro part of the run

Look out for me in my '71 Charger on the time consuming, but fun quest.

Catalina Estate, Ventura HomesCatalina Estate, Ventura Homes     Vista Estate, Plunkett HomesVista Estate, Plunkett Homes     Holland Estate, Summit HomesHolland Estate, Summit Homes    Hillary's Rise Estate, Coast HomesHillary's Rise Estate, Coast Homes

BTW. the car has it's own Instagram account if anyone wants to check it out: https://www.instagram.com/1971superbee/

P.S. I'm a Local Guides Connect virgin. This is my first time to visit the community and also my first post. So please be gentle 🙂

Also, tips would be appreciated.

WCT Distributors, Macadam Place, Balcatta, Western Australia, Australia
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Display Homes in WA Run

Thanks for sharing and welcome to Local Guides Connect! 🙂 As you may have already gathered while exploring this place on your own, Connect is a community forum where Local Guides from all over the world share experiences and exchange ideas with one another - about anything ranging from travel to mapping. 

Here are some tips and best practices on Connect:

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it.
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

Have fun! Feel free to introduce yourself to fellow community members. If you have any feedback or features that you would like to see on Maps or Connect, you are welcome to share them on the Feedback and Feature Requests board. For now, I am moving your post to General Discussion.

Finally, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about Connect or the Local Guides program.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

So, this isn't appropriate then? I will just delete it.

Former Google Contributor

It is not inappropriate, @AdrianWCT! 🙂 As you are new to Connect, I shared some tips and best practices. You can take a look around the different boards here and you'll get the hang of it pretty soon! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

ok, thanks @JeslynL

Level 10

Level 7

Thanks, @LucioV

I imported it from the US last year. It's great to drive most of the year. 

It doesn't have air con. So I avoid the hottest times.

Level 10

Dear AdrianM,

Hope all's well.

Display homes on Google Maps are often seen as spam, because they're temporary, often for-sale, often without a land line phone number, often appointment-only.

The most reliable option for builders/land developers is to maintain accurate, up to date listings of their current display homes/villages on their own official websites.

Details and exceptions are linked for you below. Kind regards from Osaka78

Model homes ineligible:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Staffed model homes:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Spam-Policy/Platinum-Homes-Account-Suspended-having-17-loc...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Verification/Home-Builders-Sales-Office-Model-Homes-Verifi...

Level 7

Thank you very much for the info @Osaka78forTRUMP I have reviewed the links and believe my additions to maps to be within the Google guidelines and definitely a help to all those trying to find the display homes in the new areas of Perth.