GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

I will get us started:

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York, USA (originally from Brazil)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Why not join, eh!?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly (as a passenger and as a pilot)

14115021_10153781861247681_2193012331144964483_o.jpg

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
2,462 comments
Level 8

Introduce yourself - April 2017

Hello everyone on connect, it's 1st April as April fools day. Please introduce yourself on this connect forum.

Regards

Dr. Gaurav mahajan

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello World 😄 

1. Name: Khaled
  2. Location: Alexandria (sometimes Cairo), Egypt
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love Sharing information, advising friends, locals and foreigners  
  4. I love to share: I love to photograph, add and edit places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Realising the good fact about sharing knowledge and advice i started contributing more and more to google maps from there it took me to local guides   
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love Africa and have a NGO in Uganda, dug 130 water borehole, built a huge school for the community, Orphanage, Clinics and  much morekhaled pp.jpg

Level 7

Hello Local Guides community!

Name: Arnas

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I can contribute to my community. Make it a better place for the local people as well as for the tourists. I love possility to share my opinion with the world!

I love to share: I love sharing reviews of my visited places. This way it helps people visit the best places in town. 

How did I hear about Local Guides: First time I heard of Local Guides program is when I tried helping local business to get more recognition in the area. Since then I am trying to help more of them. 

Fun Fact About Me: I enjoy traveling and attending basketball and football games all over Europe. 

On the right.On the right.

Level 10

April is my month, my birthday is on 14, so here i am, again!

1. Name: Lucio (aka LuVi)
  2. Location: Rome, Italy
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Photograph, discover, suggest, travel, help, repeat!
  4. I love to share: the hidden places of my country
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I can't remember, i was already doing some mapping on Map Maker, and adding some photos in some places
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I can't sleep (well, actually i sleep around 3 hrs/night) and i'm able to drink around 12 espresso/day without visible consequences; maybe the two facts could be related

IMG_2446 copia.jpg

Level 8

1. Name: Umashankar Behera
  2. Location:  Brahmapur,Odisha,India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to giving right information to Google Maps that can help Millions of people . I love to correction existing wrong Information to new right information.
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places.Because every place has a Information to correction existing data,So i enjoy in edit places,I am also love to Add Photos.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: One day i start traveling a place but the place i don't know where is this,Then i search on Google Maps & found it, Maps show me a Pop-up join as a Local Guide so i Join this amazing Community of people's around the Globe
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover new places,I am a Explorer. Thanks Google Maps for Giving an opportunity to share my thoughtsI am at World Famous Konark Sun TempleI am at World Famous Konark Sun Temple

Thanks for Creating this New Thread @GusMoreira

Level 8

Hii @GusMoreira

You looking Awesome

Thanks for introducing Yourself

Level 8

Hii @Khaledmhabdou

You doing great job

Providing School,Clinic,& Basic need to Orphanage

Thanks for Sharing your Contribution to Google Maps

Level 10

1. Name: Jonathan
  2. Location: Pittsburgh PA USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others explore the world.  My photos have hundreds of millions of views already, and I still feel new to local guides.
  4. I love to share: Mainly love posting picture of locations
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Through Google Maps
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I counted from 1 to 100,000 for a youtube video

local guides.jpg

˚͜˚
Level 8

Hello World!

1. Name: Toan Tran
  2. Location: Vietnam
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Take photos, Discover new places and give other people advice, Edit wrong information!
  4. I love to share: Pictures about places that I have been through in my country.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: One of my new friends introduced me about Google Local Guide when I met him at a Coffee Shop nearly a year ago. He was taking photos of the food and I asked were you going to post Facebook? He said no. From that meeting, I found my passion
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am usually quite shy when I speak to strangers, but when I know them for a certain time, they will find it's hard to stop me talking. Hội An - Ancient TownHội An - Ancient Town