Praviarva's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Delhi Pandal Hopping 2018 - Local Guides' Meet

Hello Dear Local Guides,

Greetings from Delhi, India Local Guides.

We had a Pandal (Stage Decorations) Hopping on 14 October 2018 on the auspicious festival of Durga Puja.

Durga Puja, also called Durgotsava, is an annual Hindu festival in the Indian subcontinent that reveres the goddess Durga. It is particularly popular in West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Bangladesh and the diaspora from this region, and also in Nepal where it is called Dashain. The festival is observed in the Hindu calendar month of Ashvin, typically September or October of the Gregorian calendar, and is a multi-day festival that features elaborate temple and stage decorations (pandals), scripture recitation, performance arts, revelry, and processions. It is a major festival in the Shaktism tradition of Hinduism across India and Shakta Hindu diaspora. Durga Puja festival marks the battle of goddess Durga with the shape-shifting, deceptive and powerful buffalo demon Mahishasura, and her emerging victorious. Thus, the festival epitomises the victory of good over evil, but it also is in part a harvest festival that marks the goddess as the motherly power behind all of life and creation. The Durga Puja festival dates coincide with Vijayadashami (Dussehra) observed by other traditions of Hinduism, where the Ram Lila is enacted — the victory of Rama is marked and effigies of demon Ravana are burnt instead. (Wikipedia)

We started in the morning around 07.00 am on 14 October 2018 and concluded at 10.00 am. This Meet-Up was hosted by @RashmiM and attended by @AmbrishVarshney@LoveKaushik3, Prakash Panchal, @ReshamDas and Ravi Godara. We started at Greater Kailash, before walking through the alleys of C.R. Park visiting the pandals of Greater Kailash 2Cooperative K Block Durga PujoChittaranjan Park Kali Mandir Society ending at Mela Ground , CR Park

This was my first Meet-up and was really excited about it. I love taking pictures and this was one the wonderful moments to take photos. Being a Local Guide is all about responsibility for me, responsibility of helping and guides others to have a better experience of the place people are visiting or plan to visit. I really enjoyed this meet-up where other LGs come with such positive vibe to do something good for the society. I want to thank the Team at Google Local Guide and Google Maps for this wonderful opportunity. 

I am sharing some of the pictures I took during this meet up below.

Thank You Everyone. 

Meet-Up Link: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Pandal-Hopping-2018/m-p/1044879#M73763

PS: I would also request all of you to join our upcoming meet-Up: https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/5b19a7ff83af4103bba14bead5fe038c

DSC_0840_edited.jpgDSC_0844_edited.jpgDSC_0846_edited.jpgDSC_0851_edited.jpgDSC_0856_edited.jpgDSC_0861_edited.jpgDSC_0870_edited.jpgDSC_0871_edited.jpgDSC_0873_edited.jpgDSC_0875_edited.jpgDSC_0881_edited.jpgDSC_0882_edited.jpgDSC_0883_edited.jpgDSC_0887_edited.jpgDSC_0888_edited.jpgDSC_0894_edited.jpg

Delhi, India
14 comments
Level 10

Re: Delhi Pandal Hopping 2018 - Local Guides' Meet

Cool photos and nice t-shirt @Praviarva!

I love the vibrant colours and the Local Guides action you captured!

Level 7

Thank You @LucioV for the appreciation.

Level 10

Thank you @Praviarva and @LucioV these are t-shirts which we printed for our meetup

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Praviarva,

Thank you so much for sharing! You look like you had a lot fun :).

Why not edit your post by adding more details and share your experience while taking photos? This way they can be appreciated more by other Local Guides. Posts with more content and good photos have a good chance of being featured or chosen for a Friday Favorite post.

By the way, I've moved your post to Meet-ups.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Thank you so much @VasT. Appreciated. 

Level 8

Nice photo collection. 

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Level 10

Awesome pics:)

Level 10

Namskar.. @Praviarva

Nice Meet-up Post ..👏

Thanks for Sharing Beautiful Photos of Ma Durga 🙏

Happy Guiding..

Regards From Mumbai

Level 7

Hi @VasT I have edited the post and added little more details of the event. Thank You