KelvinP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Delaying points

Hi,

I have added new places but points have not been promoted. Please suggest me.

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Delaying points

Hi @KelvinP. First, allow me to share some reminders/information about how points are awarded:

• Local Guides receive 1 point per place they make an edit to, whether it's 1 edit or 10 edits, though it must be a specific place or point of interest on Google Maps and not coordinates (the same goes for photos, questions and all eligible contributions) 
  • Points will decrease/are removed if photo or review contribution does not adhere to Google Maps' policies or if a place that an image or review is uploaded to is completely deleted from Google Maps. Visiting Your contributions tab within Google Maps should prove to be helpful if you're certain your contributions have not violated the policies.
  • Points occasionally do fluctuate and typically normalize after 24 hours or so (though for edits and photos, it's after they've been accepted/approved for points to be awarded).

If you're sure you edits meet all of criteria, I suggest waiting a few days and then tagging a Google moderator in a post here on Connect (so we get notified you need our help) so we can investigate further. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @KelvinP have the places been approved? Points are only awarded for approved additions.

Regards

Paul

Level 6

Sir,

My new places are approved and received mail. But, points are same, not improve. Please suggest me.

Connect Moderator

Time to call in a Googler to have a look at your account @TraciC @Corrie

Level 9
Level 9

Can you post links to some of the places you added

Level 10

Sometimes it happens. When I add photos and other information on map it takes more than ! day to increase points. May be counter system was busy at that time. But patience eventually works.

Googler
Solution

Hi @KelvinP. First, allow me to share some reminders/information about how points are awarded:

• Local Guides receive 1 point per place they make an edit to, whether it's 1 edit or 10 edits, though it must be a specific place or point of interest on Google Maps and not coordinates (the same goes for photos, questions and all eligible contributions) 
  • Points will decrease/are removed if photo or review contribution does not adhere to Google Maps' policies or if a place that an image or review is uploaded to is completely deleted from Google Maps. Visiting Your contributions tab within Google Maps should prove to be helpful if you're certain your contributions have not violated the policies.
  • Points occasionally do fluctuate and typically normalize after 24 hours or so (though for edits and photos, it's after they've been accepted/approved for points to be awarded).

If you're sure you edits meet all of criteria, I suggest waiting a few days and then tagging a Google moderator in a post here on Connect (so we get notified you need our help) so we can investigate further. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.