brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Connect Live 2018: questions, comments, & application ideas

You are absolutely right @LucioV, and I talked about this. Any old post can be placed.

@LucioV wrote:

@iyudhi wrote:

@DavidTito When you're applying for Connect Live, you will be asked to create an introduction post on Connect. I haven't gone through it myself, but I think it will be instructed when you're going through the actual application.

Hi Ivan @iyudhi just a quick adjustement; as per the apply form, we are not required to CREATE a new thread, we can use an existing thread: "Share a link to a post on Connect that most defines you and/or your experience with Local Guides. The post must be written in English."

Level 9

Re: Tips on writing post to support your connect live application

Hi @CaptainHook, thanks for the kind words 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here. Apply Now❗️

@DavidTito @iyudhi @Anonymous @LucioV @CaptainHook @YK1001 @JoeSterne

Hi everyone! Lots of questions regarding the post on Connect to be submitted in the Connect Live application form. I've included a screenshot of the question here.

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.30.55 AM.png

The post does not need to be a new post, nor does it need to be in an "Introduce Yourself" thread.

You can share travel tips; more about your culture and country; what you like to do; tips for working with Google Maps; or insight and observations about the world around you. And/or, you can write about something that defines your experience with Local Guides, such as why you're involved in the program; the meet-ups you've hosted; the difference you've made; or the friends you've met. 

There is a lot of flexibility here that can be accomplished in an "Introduce Yourself" thread, in a General Discussion thread, or even in a Travel & Advice thread. What you submit is really up to you, as long as what you submit is authentic and highlights YOU! 🙂 The sky is the limit with this question on the application form.

Connect Moderator

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here. Apply Now❗️

Thanks for the clarification @brittym. Yeah I think the confusion was mostly because of the wording. I think most of us already assumed either one is fine, but it's always nice to get an official confirmation 🙂

Level 10

There are introductory posts made in past year from grear local guides @CaptainHook. If you need then I will search one for you. It would be better if one sample post have been provided in the connect live post.

Level 8

Re: About application video for Local Guide Summit 2018

@Asmageekneed ur help dear 🙂

Connect Moderator

Helo mas @indera_g, pertanyaan tentang Connect Live sila liat di board ini. Jangan lupa check this site untuk semua persyaratan lainnya. Semoga membantu 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides

@TomiFinland Hi there. You asked if it was true if one person from Finland will be selected to attend Connect Live. Just explaining here that country of citizenship will not determine who is selected. We encourage everyone who is a Level 5+ on Local Guides to apply as long as they understand English and will be 21 or older by the date of Connect Live.

Per the application, you will be asked "What is the nationality listed on your passport?" and "In which country do you currently live?" These questions are useful in arranging travel for those who are selected, but should not be perceived as an advantage or guarantee of selection.

Good luck with your application!

@TomiFinland Hi there. You asked if it was true if one person from Finland will be selected to attend Connect Live. Just explaining here that country of citizenship will not determine who is selected. We encourage everyone who is a Level 5+ on Local Guides to apply as long as they understand English and will be 21 or older by the date of Connect Live.

Per the application, you will be asked "What is the nationality listed on your passport?" and "In which country do you currently live?" These questions are useful in arranging travel for those who are selected, but should not be perceived as an advantage or guarantee of selection.

Good luck with your application!

Level 9

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here

Good luck to us!

My prayer is that we meet in San Francisco!

It will be over whelming for me considering the fact that I love travelling and have not travelled out of my country before....

A-Beta