رد: GOOGLE LOCAL GUIDES SUMMIT 2018

good luck bro.
Esecipri

Level 5

Re: #lgsummit17

Thank you very much!

Level 9

Re: #lgsummit17

@NicoleBurneo: Good luck with your video for the application!

I'm going to merge this thread with the existing one for Connect Live 2018 so everyone can join in the discussion!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

Re: Connect Live 2018: questions, comments, & application ideas

Q1 Why only 175 out of so many?? 🙄🤟

Level 8

Application

"Good Luck to every one"

I have applied and got the confirmation of submission. 

Nityananda Mishra
Level 9

Re: Application

Good luck @N_MISHRA!! 

I'm going to merge your post with the existing thread for Connect Live so you can join in the discussion with everyone else! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

Re: Application

Congrats,

I am on the way to apply for summit.....

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 7

How to get chance to attend the live connect event 2018 ?

Please anyone tell me how to get chance to attend the live connect event 2018 ? and Please mention where you from ?

Gurpreet singh maan
Level 5

Re: Connect Live 2018: questions, comments, & application ideas

Hello Google Local Guides, my presentation on "Introduce Yourself — April 2018" is hеre.
Нere I would like to present my application video for Local Guide Connect Live 2018! 

Why I want to attend this year’s event? I like travelling, as well as all, in addition: In the Kiev I have a few friends which arrange interesting walks on town and his suburbs (using Facebook), that only a weather allowed to do it. During these walks we find different interesting places and know something new (I was born not in Kyiv – that is why such walks especially very interesting for me). Such walks are free of charge (and collect sometimes a too many people) and allow more living intercourse between people (in age of Internet sometimes is not enough) - therefore you can use this experience in You town. I think that Local Guides Summit will be very interesting meeting and I would like to get experience in organization Local Guides meet-up (in the Kyiv or in other cities of Ukraine).

Good luck for every applicant, hope to see You on Summit. Have a good day!

Level 10

Re: Thinking about sending my submission to participate to Local Guides Connect Event in Oct 2018.

Hello @Jonswe,

I was lucky enough to participate to last year event in San Franciso and I can tell from my experience that I felt all participants were YOUNG PEOPLE. In French there is a saying: "On a l'âge de ses artères", after checking the English translation, I discover that the saying is also known in England: Thomas Sydenham, a 17th century physician who has been called the English Hippocrates, once said that "a man is as old as his arteries." 

All participants seemed to me to be young even if there was at least on participant over eighty years old. Indeed age is not one of the criteria to evaluate the application as explained in the requirements to apply for Connect Live 2018 by @TraciC:

• Fantastic contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months
  • Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a Connect moderatormeet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English

About your question "-Can someone explain to me what is the value scale of your evaluation(badges,kudos,etc) for my work done to the benefit of your organisation?". 

When you post a message on twitter or content on facebook, your are not working for the benefit of twitter or facebook. It is the same here: When contributing to Google Maps or LocalGuideConnect forum, you are not doing work for the benefit of an organisation. Like twitter or facebook, Google provide you with feedback to help you to evaluate your contributions. The page All Jonswe's Badges, helps you to keep track of your contributions on Google Maps and LocalGuideConnect and provides you feedback on the other's contribution. The page Point, levels, and badging can help you understand why you are at level 6, and you have one kudo because you have clcked on the heart icon below a message.

Hope this helps