Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Connect live 2018

Am try bro let see what is happening 

Level 10

Thanks

Thanks a lot to give me this opportunity to share my opinion as Local Guide to this event. I think this is a amazing time to know another experiences and contribute to make this world better. Day by day I feel Google Local Guides' opinions are more and more useful and people recognize us  Thank you again 

Level 5

Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

Hi there !
So the LG summit 2018 is on the upcomming October, i personnally never experienced it, but i'd really like to attend that event, it'll be a great experience meeting people from all around the world sharing the same optic, for the same purposes, which is making it easier for people to get around using Gmaps. 
Also in case somebody else's interested, just check out the thread below, there's a message about how to take part to the selection .
link :   https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guide-Summit-2018-LG-2018/m-p/284694/...

Kudos !

Level 7

Thinking about sending my submission to participate to Local Guides Connect Event in Oct 2018.

Hi,

My name is Jonswe and I like the idea of sharing the joy with other soulmates on the ocasion of Local Guides Connect Big Event on Oct.2018.

I have some questions somehow addressed mainly to the management of Google Photos site,in case I would be elligible to participate,like:

-I'll be 67 years of age on next July and from some video clips about the last year's event I gathered that the majority of the participants consisted of YOUNG PEOPLE! 

Is there any problem with my age?I mean having to participate to some extreme sports or  competitions,kind of stuff?

I am a senior retired man but "still going strong"(if not 100%physically,at least 110% young-at-heart) kind-of-guy.

-Can someone explain to me what is the value scale of your evaluation(badges,kudos,etc) for my work done to the benefit of your organisation?

For me it all started as a kind of joke by saving my amateur photos on Google Photos' site and, now, it all turned into becoming myself  member of a world wide organisation where people help each other create a very usefull tool aimed at supporting the modern mankind using Internet on a daily basis.

-I have earned Gave 1 Kudos and the Level 6 badge but,believe it or not,I really don't know why!?!?

I couldn't imagine for a couple of years ago that my retirement hobby (I call it here the photography) could give me the unbelievable feeling of belonging to a huge community having lots of ideas and goals in common to share.

Thank you for that,Google and I am looking for your answer.

Yours sincerely,

Jonswe

Be nice to people while they are alive!
Connect Moderator

Re: Thinking about sending my submission to participate to Local Guides Connect Event in Oct 2018.

Hi @Jonswe there is a good mix of ages across all the people who come to Connect Live (formerly the Summit). Last year the oldest was substantially older than you. You would not be out of place so I strongly encourage you to apply.

Regards Paul

Level 7

Re: Connect Live 2018 application

Yes please Sir, Is there an adresse to which i am supposed to send my application ? or shall i just post it on my Google Connect profile with the Summit application tag ? because when i logged on the link they sent me with the email they say " LEVEL UP TO APPLY " And i am already level 6 ! Can you explain to me what am i supposed to do exactly now to apply ? it is not very clear actually .I mean usually there is a committee charged with the application selection with an application file that we are supposed to send to them . This time i didn't find these elements . I am not uses to this type of application . So what are the steps of this application please ?
Level 6

Local guide connect 2018 application

Hi, my name is Sumit Kumar Bera . I am a local guide, I started because I wanted to help expand Google Maps as well as learn about and assist with artificial intelligence. Going to San Francisco in October would be a major achievement for me. I'm hoping I get picked because I love working with Google.I am very much Passionate and exited for it .

I started as a local guide in 2016 I have a Samsung Galaxy j1 phone,,it is a very bad phone only 5 mp camera and 1 gb of ram ,it hanked everytime i try to open google maps app but I am so passionate about it that I do it,because I love to help people .Hope I get selected .

Level 7

Question

Can anyone elaborate on the Connect Live event. If you have attended one before , what goes on ? What should I expect?

Level 9

Connect live

Hello fellas,

Instead of hosting LG summit(connect live ) in U.S.A as always it's better to host in different countries  .

Like Street view summit first held in Amsterdam later in Tokyo and now in San Fransisco.

So local guides get opportunities to travel to different countries.

Level 6

Re: Google Local Guide Summit 2018 Requirements

Hi @ErmesT, thank you for the warm welcome and also the reply.