Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect Activity June Week 1 RECAP

Its 2 hours to a new week here in Nigeria, and here' what went on during the First week of June 2017.

A very busy week on connect, busier than usual with lots of novel Discussions, it appears connect members are getting more creative by the day, you can ask @JonasKL he acknowledged being taken by surprise with the amount of activity recently. 
During the Week, we the Nigerians had Geo Walks in 4 states a wonderful event with a nice RECAP that was featured for about a day here on connect.
Someone was climbing the Walls this week, @Pannabd11 was touring the legendary great walls of china and even made and shared a video of it, Nice work @Pannabd11 the video was creative. 
Well it seems there is a growing clan of engineers or engineering historians and @LucioV has started a thread that only these engineers might understand because I have no clue what they've been going on about there, anyways, @LucioV has began club History of IT and if you're into wires and electricity, you should be interested too.
The Nepalese have or had a Localized Local Guides summit 2017 and @BishowvijayaP made an elaborate post about how it was his first meet-up with Local Guides at Nepal. 
For those who have once or twice, taken a picture of a place only to find out later, that the place had not yet been added on the maps, or you wanted to write a review about a place only to find out it wasn't yet on maps, @IvanLondon made a hypothetical suggestion and the discussion might be useful to you or you may be useful to the discussion. 
A top nature photographer I know of @IlankovanT has increased the number of nature pictures posted on connect, you can check all posts about nature or birds to see some of his pictures or just follow him on Google plus to get endless streams of nature pictures, @IlankovanT also shared a historical discovery about what he called the Adams bridge, as a Fan of History I haven't heard of this before, I am interested and glad he shared, its a bridge of limestone from one part of the earth to another part of the earth, you can read more from his posts. 
Imagine 5, 000 views from one photo! that's quite an accomplishment as @MahmudPolash shared his view count in excitement. 
Distance running Local Guide @SumanS shared pictures from the Kalpakkam marathon encouraging everyone to walk and run for an active life style, I run the marathon too, well it was once so I join him in encouraging you all to walk and run.

@SoniaK made me want to cry as I imagine you would have wanted to cry too if you saw what I saw. A really touching post titled "Ramadan Celebration-Inspired-Iftar", I highly recommend viewing that post and the uploaded images, it will make you softer, Bravo @SoniaK, really well done for making what was one little step for Local Guides and a Giant step for those kids. 
Before I go, I'd like to say this to you all, if you really want to know how a country or a place really looks like, ask a Local Guide, When I saw the Temple of Hercules Post by @OSAMA, i almost couldn't believe it, most of the times we take what the news channels shows us to be what's going on all over the country, but it's not always so. That being said, you can always ask me if you have any questions about Nigeria. After all I am a Nigerian Local Guide!
See ya

Enugu, Nigeria
19 comments
Level 9

Re: Connect Activity June Week 1 RECAP

Nice recarp post @Anonymous thank you for mentioning me there. Also it will be great if you include the various links you have mention about the featured Local Guides in your post. For instance you said @LucioV posted something on IT, it will look great if you link there post here. It is easy for one to access and see it. 

Otherwise its an amazing recarp. 

Regards

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 10

Thanks for tagging me @Anonymous i want to start publish something about IT history every saturday!

Connect Moderator

That's a nice recap post @Anonymous. Thank you for mentioning me here. 

I agree with @JonasKL, it would be better if you also linked the posts in your's so that we could access to that respective posts easily. As for my post, that @Anonymous mentioned, here is the link.

Thank you once again for tagging me here. I feel honored to be mentioned here. 

Level 9

@Anonymous good one 🙂

I'm a nature lover and I love sharing nature photos and videos with others. hope this month you will see beautiful photos, videos of another Rainforest in Sri Lanka and lots of 360's on GM. thanks for tagging me 🙂

Level 10

I became a fan of your passion @Anonymous that you managed to keep a closure look to each posts. It seems many worthy acts have been one during week 1. So I m thankful to all of you. Also my post from the week can be found here. Thank you so much @Anonymous. 🙂

Level 9

Mmmmm @LucioV that sounds great, I will be tuned to reading them always. I too love IT

Well done and thank you for that great initiative

Level 9

@IlankovanT

Nature man, This is amazing. I look forward to those pictures

Level 9

Nice one @BishowvijayaP, I am checking it right away.

Level 9

Hello @Anonymous

Just like @IlankovanT mentioned, I too love nature, Here is a post on that. The most beautiful nature around us.

Regards