deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Changes are coming in Local Guide Connect

Hello everyone I'm noticing, there are many changes are coming in local guide connect.

1. Have a look #TraciC's profile, she becomes Google Administrator from Google Moderator(not sure Google promote her or she just change it from Moderator to Administrator)

Google Administrator #TraciGoogle Administrator #Traci

2. In getting started there were two board and right now there is only one we have "HELP DESK".

Help DeskHelp Desk

3. And finally the thing about which I'm thinking since last 4 month that is "Exclusive Access" board.  Sometimes this board vanish and sometimes appears.

4. Another heart breaking news,

Bad newsBad news

#JuanCh Thank you so much for update but a question comes up with this decision i.e. many local guides on connect ask "anyone from ****** country/state/area", then how we will reply to them. 

5. And the biggest change comes up now, how do I board no longer available. That board was my favorite board.

IMG_20171102_093211.JPG

We are lucky because now we can see who is @JeslynL ? Please forgive me for this.

6. Now a days our Google moderators are so active in connect. Last night when I was replying to someone it got vanished from connect(post was merged with another)

Keep me updated.

We'll update this post time to time.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Delhi, India
28 comments
Googler

Re: Changes are coming in Local Guide Connect

Hi @deepakjhic. We indeed did make some changes to Connect to help reflect the way our community members were using Connect as well as to help keep Connect organized and easy to use. 

The Google Administrator role simply means I have admin access here on Connect. I'll still be active but our other moderators can help you best with any concerns. We'll update that article shortly. 

Your comment about the Exclusive Access category sometimes disappearing is unfortunately a known issue we have been working on. It disappearing has no impact on our plans for the category, it's simply a technical issue we hope to resolve very soon. 

Finally, when people come to Connect and post about their location looking for others, Connect is an easy way to find people around you and we hope to make it easier as we continue to listen to and implement your feedback on how to make Connect the best it can be to help you all literally Connect with one another. Here's what I usually say (or something like it: 

Here's some information you may find helpful: you can find Local Guides from your area by searching the community (at the top right corner) for mentions of your country/city/area to find posts that have that name in the title, in the body of the post of the location tagged in the post. When posting about something specific to your area, I always suggest adding a location to your post to help others find your posts, too.
If you haven't already seen it, I recommend reading this post for tips on searching, posting and interacting with the community to make your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@deepakjhic You right !!! There will be a big change in connect 

Wait and see..............

Happy Guiding !!!!

Level 10

@TraciC What implications it has got for a Local Guide? Please cerify? What do you mean by private communitites? Why was it not checked before? PLEASE respond quickly.

@LucioV @OSAMA

Level 10

Thanks for putting all the news in a single topic Deep 🙂 I hope to see many new Google Moderators, as the program is growing at rocket speed!!! (just in case you didn't noticed: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/400-000-members-on-line-Another-great-succe... )

The nicest part is the Help Desk!!! Useful for new members and experienced members that want to help with great answers!

Level 10

@LucioV Thanks for quickly responding to issue? What implication it has got for a new and experienced LG?

Sorry troubling you. 

@ShafiulB @TraciC @deepakjhic

Level 10

Hi Prof, i don't see a disruptive change here.

Some functional changes to Connect, that will be the central focal point for all the LG program; this was obvious, since the Local Guides official Community on G+ get unmoderated.

I think I will continue to represent Italia Local Guides community, but this is not an exclusive party 😉

Level 10

@LucioV Best wishes. Wish you all the success in coming days/months and off course in years that follows. 

@deepakjhic @ShafiulB @TraciC

Level 10

Thanks Prof, to you too.

Changes are always scaring, but we cannot stop change, to evolve. 🙂

BTW, you know that there are some other users registered on Connect before Traci, and one of these users, i can imagine, was the admin that performed the installation; now, simply, these full power has been transferred to @TraciC 🙂 

And I'm proudly the user #343 out of more than 400.000!

Level 8

Where do I find my user no? Just curious