Sathyabaman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Change profile image for a place

HI,

Some places have un relevant profile picture. Hope you guys wont understand what i am trying to say. i will explain with my experience.

Recently i want to go to a temple near to my place, i was searching on the google maps for more than an hour, but couldn't find the location on google maps. Somehow i managed to get to the location with the help of my friends. Then i tried to add the place to google maps, but the place was already there on the maps.

The problem was that the places profile image

I was searching for a temple but the profile image for the place is some chairs, this made me very difficult to locate the place on google maps.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 6.05.15 PM.png

Is there a way i can change the profile image, so that it looks like a Temple and not a restaurant?

Sri Muthu Mariamman Temple Pantai Dalam Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Change profile image for a place

The main location image is selected by Google's back-end algorithms and at times can be hit and miss. For irrelevant photos, just report/flag them. Most of us do that all the time. Just go to the image and hit the flag icon in the Maps app or in the desktop select "report a problem" 

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

The main location image is selected by Google's back-end algorithms and at times can be hit and miss. For irrelevant photos, just report/flag them. Most of us do that all the time. Just go to the image and hit the flag icon in the Maps app or in the desktop select "report a problem" 

Level 10
Level 10

As @StephenAbraham rightly pointed out , report the photo . But I guess it will take time to get down a photo on maps

Level 8

Let's hope there is a fast track for profile photos.

Level 10

Hi @Sathyabaman from the experience i had i understood googles AI selects the pictures that are of good quality,has no people it it and mostly a wide angle picture to show the place at the first place , since google AI has no idea whether  image is relevant to the place or not, few local guides upload a non related images to places for points ,now as a responsible local guide you need to step up and report or flag the image like @OSM and @StephenAbraham said . 

3 tips i can give to make your picture to see on the top is 

1.Take pictures that show the name of the place with no people in it

2.Take interior wide angle shots 

3.The ambiance of the place can be shot