Gonzoid's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Can't upload photos to Google maps

Hello everyone, 

Could anyone tell me why when i search for a particular place on google maps, the option to add a photo is not always an option??

Thanks in advance 🙂

3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Can't upload photos to Google maps

Hi @Gonzoid,

Please can you provide us with more information about your question? You can share also a screenshot and then we can have a closer look to your question.

You can read also this article for your help: Add, remove, or share photos and videos.

One last thing, I relabeled your post and it now appears in the How-tos, as it fits better there.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@Gonzoid It's likely that when you find a place that you cannot add a photo, you may find you cannot edit that place as well. If that's the case, you may been looking at a polygon instead of a point. To understand the background around polygons in Maps, you may want to read this post, (read the first post, look at the location, and read the long reply by Flash on the first page).

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-a-Place-When-It-Already-Exists-in-Si...

Flash has outline some way to help resolve this, so do refer to his post. 

Level 6

i was trying to include a screenshot, but when i try it wont upload says to big, so i resized to thumbnail and it still would not upload.