Cindycarissa86's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can We Review A Flight In Google Map?

Hi LGC members,

I've just received my level 8 badge recently, and I'd like to share some of my thoughts about it. 

In order to get the level 8 badge, we all had to accomplish 15,000 points at level 7, which was not easy for me I can say. Usually I review restaurants, and some places like museums and airports visited other cities. Besides writing and attached some photos of the place, I tried to complete it with videos and answering the questions. Subsequently, I also kept checking and updating the data from each place, and I think it helped to gain more and more points.

now, I'd like to know whether we can review a flight in google map just like in trip adviser, remembering the new google map now is far advanced than before.

Happy contributing...

Indonesia
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Can We Review A Flight In Google Map?

Hi Cindy,

In this instance, do you mean reviewing the flight to and from your destination as part of Google Maps?

As far as I'm aware this isn't possible, though it's hard to define what the best alternative would be in this instance - ie to leave a review with the airport, or to leave one at an applicable business, say Virgin or American Airlines.

I had a similar issue recently in which I experienced great service on a flight to and from Orlando with Virgin, but just couldn't decide where a review should sit, so left it. It's unfortunate, but a flight with good/bad service isn't necessarily the responsibility of the airport, and it's tricky to find a head office on Google Maps where the review would make sense to the reader.

Perhaps a good addition to airport places on Google Maps would be almost to sub-review the flight itself, without it reflecting too poorly/positive on the airport itself?

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Cindycarissa86 congratulations, it sounds like you're doing a great job with the organic growth of your points and levels. I support slow growth with high value contributions.

To answer your specific question, yes you can book flights (and hotels) within Maps - sort off. Through affiliations with other sites when you search for flights or hotels you can get shown 3rd party booking information and can proceed part of the way to booking the hotel or flight, Maps transfers you to the other site to finalise the booking. I've not seen it directly handle the booking but you never know what is around the corner.

Regards Paul

Level 7
Solution

Hi Cindy,

In this instance, do you mean reviewing the flight to and from your destination as part of Google Maps?

As far as I'm aware this isn't possible, though it's hard to define what the best alternative would be in this instance - ie to leave a review with the airport, or to leave one at an applicable business, say Virgin or American Airlines.

I had a similar issue recently in which I experienced great service on a flight to and from Orlando with Virgin, but just couldn't decide where a review should sit, so left it. It's unfortunate, but a flight with good/bad service isn't necessarily the responsibility of the airport, and it's tricky to find a head office on Google Maps where the review would make sense to the reader.

Perhaps a good addition to airport places on Google Maps would be almost to sub-review the flight itself, without it reflecting too poorly/positive on the airport itself?

Level 9

Hello @Cindycarissa86,

As far as I know right now we can write reviews only for point of interests. There is no way to write reviews for flights. Yes you can review a flight on third party website, like we review a hotel. 

For more here is link with description, 

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Hi @deepakjhic,

That's what I'm familiar with right now. I was just wondering weather glc has this feature. If yes, means I can start reviewing some of my flights =). 

Thank you for the link.

Level 8

Hello @Nathan89,

Yes indeed, that's what I meant, reviewing a flight (the airline) from and to including the service etc. Well, not just a flight but maybe train or boat experienced as well, though I've reviewed some airports, and stations already.

Regarding the sub-review suggestion you've explicated, that would definitely improve GLC in particular and Google entirely.