bolaji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Can I use google guide as business

Hi, 

I am a google local guide. I have add a few places and business to the map in Nigeria. However in recent times, I have had lot and lots of business and schools ask that i help put them on the map. This is because they want to increase their visibility and want to be seen on the map. At least i have 15 people contact me in 2 months to put them in the maps while some are offering me money to do so.Nigeria is a very populous country with a highly competitive market. I work with an IT team and we build websites for schools and hotels including, seo and marketing.

I need your advice. Would it be okey for me to collect money from these people afterall they are the ones offering me. What support can google guide give and what local guide support can I leverage on when i want to meet new prospects. 

Nigeria
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Can I use google guide as business

Hi @bolaji the quick answer: NO, as Local Guide you are not allowed to receive food or money in change of your activity.

I will try to argument more.

As a professional, an agency, a company, you could sell services, and service could include Google MyBusiness support and Street View Trusted photography services.

As a professional SVT photographer i often create and manage Google MyBusiness for my customers, but I always bundle this with photography services.

The main thing is to mantain separated Local Guides activity from professional services (i.e. having two separate google accounts for this helps) and never be paid for your LG activity.

Best luck!

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @bolaji the quick answer: NO, as Local Guide you are not allowed to receive food or money in change of your activity.

I will try to argument more.

As a professional, an agency, a company, you could sell services, and service could include Google MyBusiness support and Street View Trusted photography services.

As a professional SVT photographer i often create and manage Google MyBusiness for my customers, but I always bundle this with photography services.

The main thing is to mantain separated Local Guides activity from professional services (i.e. having two separate google accounts for this helps) and never be paid for your LG activity.

Best luck!

Level 10

@bolaji there is no way google local guides make money except that one can be trusted street view photographer.

Good Luck

@LucioV

@bolaji wrote:

Hi, 

I am a google local guide. I have add a few places and business to the map in Nigeria. However in recent times, I have had lot and lots of business and schools ask that i help put them on the map. This is because they want to increase their visibility and want to be seen on the map. At least i have 15 people contact me in 2 months to put them in the maps while some are offering me money to do so.Nigeria is a very populous country with a highly competitive market. I work with an IT team and we build websites for schools and hotels including, seo and marketing.

I need your advice. Would it be okey for me to collect money from these people afterall they are the ones offering me. What support can google guide give and what local guide support can I leverage on when i want to meet new prospects. 

Level 2

No one can tell the accurate place near to me I shall gives the accurate information who ask me