Onukakalu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Call to Action to all Local Guides

You’ve earned a special edition perk! Just recently I got a mail from Google local guides that my contributions to Google Maps unlocked a special edition perk.

Caption: A screenshot of the special edition perk. A pair of Local Guide branded socks.Caption: A screenshot of the special edition perk. A pair of Local Guide branded socks.

The Perk system in the Local Guides Connect is a special way Google says thank you to all Local Guides, irrespective of their levels, who have contributed to improve and make the Google Maps better. It is a means whereby Google appreciate Local Guides for every photo, review, and fact they share on Google Maps to help people everywhere make informed decisions and to find things worth doing.

Caption: A screenshot of a section of the Google maps. Local Guides contribute to Google Maps by sharing photos and information.Caption: A screenshot of a section of the Google maps. Local Guides contribute to Google Maps by sharing photos and information.

Hence, I feel very excited about this perk not just because of the item but because of the purpose it is meant to serve. Moreover, the fact that Google recognizes my contributions, and that of every other local Guide in improving the Google Maps is enough perks. The recognition alone is morale booster and a motivation for greater commitment. It is a call to action to all Local Guides.

Caption: Photo showing the entrance to shoprite at the umuahia shopping mallCaption: Photo showing the entrance to shoprite at the umuahia shopping mall

The perk is a token from Google. And to anyone who cares to know Google cannot pay all Local Guides for all the sacrifices they make to update the Google Maps. We spend time, energy and money to improve the Google Maps. The month of April was a remarkable month for me as a Local Guide. I traveled hundreds of kilometers on personal budget; spend my precious time and energy just to make sure the Google Maps is improved. And that is how it should be. The Local Guides Connect is a voluntary service. It is all about volunteering to a life of selfless service to help humanity. Every Local Guide should be proud to be among those who have volunteered to help humanity through their contributions on Google Maps.

Caption: Photo of the Abia tower located along Portharcourt - Enugu express way umuahiaCaption: Photo of the Abia tower located along Portharcourt - Enugu express way umuahia

Hence, the greatest perk should be the joy we derive seeing our contributions on Google Maps helping people to make informed decisions and explore the world around them.

Did you unlock any perk recently? However, this is call to action to Local Guides of all levels; together we can make the Google Maps more useful and reliable.

#LetsGuide

Here is the list of interesting places I visited in the month of April. or click the link below to view it

https://goo.gl/maps/NxEQ3psMdcASf5J38

11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Call to Action to all Local Guides

Congratulations @Onukakalu , make sure to wear those socks a lot! 😀

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

@JanVanHaver sure, I will. It will always be a source of motivation for me.Thanks for your comment.

Level 8

@Onukakalu congratulacions for your achievement! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Level 8

@karinchavoll every achievement by local guides is a call to action to contribute more to Google Maps. Thanks for your kind comment.

Level 7

@Onukakalu  where are the socks now 😉

ALX Learner ǀ Entrepreneurship ǀ Innovations ǀ Social Impact
Level 8
Level 7

Congratulations!

Level 8

Congratulations buddy I too got these socks of mine.

It feels really motivated and excited to share this reward.

Level 8