AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Bug when adding a missing POI within another existing POI

Indeed you are correct, that we will check separately on the second example, @AdamGT.

Much appreciated for the second example, as it should be the address of this Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, correct?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Connect Moderator

The existing place Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club is as currently correctly shown on Maps.  However, the proposed Kooyong Tennis Centre (cordinates -37.838224, 145.031953) is the stadium just north of the Tennis Club and shown in the image below in blue. HTH

The stadium is at -37.838224, 145.031953The stadium is at -37.838224, 145.031953

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Hello @sonnyNg 

I've been creating a new Maps List as part of the application for Connect Live 2019 and I've discovered that this same problem, or at the very least a problem very, very similar to, or related to, this happens when adding places to your List. 

For example, I'm trying to add the place Five Foot Wayhttps://goo.gl/maps/tBSdZw5dft38cpgM6 ) and the system is adding Five Foot way Car Parkhttps://goo.gl/maps/6o86dNfbqL6Ccnrr6 ), note the similarity of names.

Similarly, I'm wanting to add the Train Station at Cobh ( https://goo.gl/maps/RbfQhH84ec2Ayj999 ) but instead it is adding another POI ( https://goo.gl/maps/HQDk3nVsdBDar6Aj6 ), being the town of Cobh.

So now this bug is preventing me from completing my new Maps List part of my application for Connect Live 2019.  Can advise if there some method that you I can use to overcome this issue in time for the Connect Line 2019 application closing date?  Here is a link to the List.  Appreciate your earliest reply.

Hi @AdamGT,

Thanks for letting us know about this peculiar case.

We will check internally if there would be anything to be found as a solution.

In the meantime, as I have personally tried, with the dedicated locations of Five Foot Way and the train station of Cobh, I would have tried to go to those specific addresses and to save them to the List itself to prevent inconveniences.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @sonnyNg 

I appreciate you getting back to me and yes I have done it that way but did want to let you know how the similarity in names issue is surfacing yet again but now in a different scenario.

Indeed, your endeavor to check on the main issue is much appreciated, @AdamGT! : ]

We will make sure to use the example accordingly.

Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hello @sonnyNg 

I was tempted to give this another try today on some other but similar location however, sadly I get the exact same erroneous outcome.  So here's yet another example for your team:

1. My proposed addition: Garden City Reserve Playground.  On submission I get the Pending place creation:

Proposed place creation (Pending)Proposed place creation (Pending)
  2.  Shortly after submission, the Proposed place creation of the playground changes to Approved place creation of the existing Park with some 67 existing reviews !!!Approved place creation BUT of an existing POIApproved place creation BUT of an existing POI 
  3. Google email received suggestedth proposed has been published, but in reality it has not!!!

Google email states proposed has been publlished, but in reality it has notGoogle email states proposed has been publlished, but in reality it has not

With the number of specific examples (playgrounds, tennis stadium etc) that I have now provided you, I'm certain that your team will be able to very easily replicate this problem

The proposed playground, a non-existing POI on MapsThe proposed playground, a non-existing POI on Maps

Hi @AdamGT,

Much appreciated for the important case and point with the really strong valid examples. : ]

In case there would be any development, please stay tuned.

Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @sonnyNg 

Can you please update us on this issue as I am unable to add quite a few reviews and photos to Maps.

Hi @AdamGT,

Thanks for the feedback!

For the moment, unfortunately the process would yet result in a final conclusion.

Just to be sure, would your inquiry of leaving reviews and photos would be regarding the main subject in the post?

Thank you!