AntonellaGr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Block 25 Birkenau

Thank you @AntonellaGr for sharing this with us. To do this from on individual point of view is a very good way to ensure that humans remember. It destroy the way of thinking in an anonymous mass.

Every woman there was a daughter...

Maybe she was a wife, a mother, a sister, a girlfriend .......

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Thank you @FaridTDF I remember the little Aylan, that was his name. We know something about Aylan, there are so many in the Mediterranean Sea who are completely unknown. It's a tragedy somehow negleted. Thank you for sharing the picture.

Antonella

Level 8

Rif.: Block 25 Birkenau

Dear @davidhyno, 95 years and still going around the schools! He's great!

Cheers to Bruno and you

Antonella

Level 9

Dear @AntonellaGr

It is outstanding post. It is very touching to write on behalf of the woman who was in this place. It means feeling all the pain, all the sorrow, the weight of the ordeal that has befallen her fate. She wanted to live, sing, dance, and instead she was in inhuman conditions and waiting for her death in the gas chamber .And the darkness of the night and the light of the lanterns are even more chilling when you think that these people had to go through. Your post --is a tribute to memory those hundreds and thousands of women who have died in Block No. 25.I could not read this post without tears. The song and video are selected very accurately. Thank you very much for this memory, for this moving narrative! This should read everyone should know about those terrible events in Auschwitz and Birkenau.

Level 8

Dear @helga19 I am really touched by your comment, I have to admit , I had tears too when writing. Thank you my dear friend

Antonella

Level 10

Rif.: Block 25 Birkenau

Google Moderator

Such a tragically beautiful story, @AntonellaGr. Thank you so much for sharing it. 

Giving a name, a face, a background and a character to this dark moment of our history is most recently the best way to recognise its true scope. My soul resonated with each word of this woman - lost, but not forgotten. 

I remember watching La vita è bella, not knowing what to expect, when the ending hit me. Life really is beautiful, and it should be appreciated more. 🙂 

Thank you again.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Dear @DeniGu, thank you so much for your comment and I am really happy you saw "La vita è bella".I understood that life is beautiful when I was in that tragic place..

Antonella

Level 8

Hello @ErmesT I meant to say to you that this photograph of the camp with the barbwire is a very powerful photo, it needs no words but when I look at it, I immediately feel sorrow. It is true what they say, that a picture paints a thousand words 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing a moment of beauty along with this story. I hope we never forget.

Paul