cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Black Owned Businesses - Creating A List - Black Lives Matter

@SP31   Thanks for the complements. 

I live here and I have barely scratched the surface, so you and I both have catching up to do. 

My list has a few Haitian restaurants on it. The list has grown to 73 places. Hopefully, when you visit this map will have something for you to explore wherever you are in Chicago. 

Thank you for the ideas on how to spread my list! It has been a joy to create and has opened my eyes to so many businesses I was not aware of in Chicago. 

Level 9
Level 9

Thanks @TraciC!

I appreciate all the places that you've shared this list. 

The list has now grown to 73 businesses. I have so many more places to pull information from to build this list. 

This has been such an eye-opening experience and a mouth-watering experience too. So many new restaurants I want to try in Chicago. I love that I am learning and helping at the same time. 

Also, I had no idea there was a nomination form, so thanks for adding that link!

Level 9
Level 9

@Mohammadalauddin Thank you for the kind words. 

I have taken most of the descriptions from business websites or articles. They did such a great job of describing these businesses. I wanted to use my time to add more businesses. I haven't visited most of these places, but now I have a to-do list of food and entertainment in Chicago. 

Connect Moderator

@RJ1 I absolutely love this list! I hope I get the chance to visit your area and patronize some of these businesses! They look amazing! I'd love to chat with you about the resources you used to develop the list... Seattle needs something similar.

Level 9
Level 9

@Kwiksatik You know you always have the place to stay.  I'd love to do some exploring of these businesses with you.  

Connect Moderator

Level 5

Hi @RJ1 , this is truly a great initiative. We all should support something like that in our countries.

More power to you ✌

Have a great day.

Level 8

Hey @RJ1  awesome post and what a great job you are doing to support. I got inspired too when I saw @TraciC  post and created a list of African Owned Business in Magusa  North Cyprus also reached to many through friends and social media so I can add their listing on Maps. Made a connect post yesterday on What are you and your community doing to support Black Lives Matter #BLM? please check out, I think you will be interested. 

Hey @Çağıl I still didn't see you at any of our Famagusta virtual meetups as promised but here an upcoming on the 20th to discuss and learn about issues that matter Focusing on the Big Picture. I will be so delighted to have you all join and share what you have been in the time of such crises. 

Level 1

interesting
Level 10

@RJ1 brilliant idea keep supporting