brankko's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Best Burgers in Berlin

Everybody loves burgers, right? Everybody eats burgers, that's for sure. That's probably one the main reasons why there are so many burger places all over Berlin. Last few years a lot of now places opened from east to west of the capital of the Germany. Even small venues became chains, but what should be on your hit list and what to avoid?

Berlin is from some reason famous for great burgers. Not just burgers but all the food fro around the world, but let's focus on the topic that you are here for. There is usually no fail with burgers in Berlin. Whatever place you enter, all the chances are that it's gonna be just fine. If you are not the burger geek, you will be satisfied with options for buns, fries or sauces for example. But let's dig in to the list that you absolutely have to hit.

Berlin burgersBerlin burgers

Burgermeister

Used to be single venue burger place, now it's expanded from Kreuzberg to Zoo. If you have to eat just one burger in Berlin, let it be the Meisterburger at Burgermeister.

Burgerzimmer

Let's be honest, we all hate that overpriced bite-sized meals. If you want to satisfy you hunger, drop off to the Burgerzimmer for an XXL German's Best.

Windburger

This place is third on my list to take my friends to. It's not the best of any particular thing, but everything together makes very best combo. Burgers are interesting and tasty but the fries are even better.

Kreuzburger

Like Kreuzberg represent the heart of Berlin, Kreuzburger is an ambassador of very basic premise of good burger choice of Berlin: Premium quality for regular price. We just hate overpriced food!

Hans im Glück

With freshness and quality on my mind, next choice is this cozy ambient located at Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Once you enter this portal, you will find your mental peace even if you're not fan of burgers as options vary all the way to the grilled chicken breast.

momotaro tavern

This place is just different than everything you've ever tried. If you are on Alexanderplatz and you are looking for some tasty vegan and vegeterian options with gluten free buns, do not miss this place.

The Bird

When it comes to the quality of the meet, classics are classics for a reason. Ghetto Deluxe comes with an English breakfast muffin burger buns. For me it's a little bit weird, but it's a thing to try in your life.

Five Guys

American fast food burger chain offers something different and yet classic. Compared to other places this may not be my favorite burger, but if you are a fan of an simple Bacon Cheeseburger, look no more.

Shiso Burger

I have always considered burgers as an American thing, but those Vietnamese guys from Shisho Burger are redefining the definition with their Asia Concept burgers.

Tommi’s Burger Joint

If you ever searched on Google for burgers in Berlin, you found this place in top 3 lists, so I will not spent additional words. I'm just adding it to a list as a bookmark.

P.S. I have a challenge to visit all the listed places again and take some juicy photos for this article ?

Branko Djurkovic
Berlin, Germany
11 comments
Google Vendor

Re: Best Burgers in Berlin

Hi @brankko,

Thank you for sharing your list with us. Which one is your favorite one?

Just to let you know that I've moved your post out of the spam and it is now visible publicly. Some posts are being automatically marked as spam, apologies for that. You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

When you add an external link of a place, the best practice is to use Google Maps URL, rather than other sites as it might be considered as spam.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Betreff: Best Burgers in Berlin

Hi @brankko,

toller Beitrag. Hier in Nürnberg boomen die Burgerrestaurants gerade. Ich denke, das wird in Berlin das Gleiche sein. Danke für deine Übersicht.

Wusstest du, dass du direkt in Maps wunderbare Listen erstellen kannst, die du dann mit Freunden teilen kannst oder wo du sehen kannst, wo du überall schon warst? Ich habe vor langer Zeit mal eine Burgerliste für Nürnberg erstellt. Also falls du mal hier in der Nähe bist, bist du kulinarisch auch bestens versorgt.

Grüße, Ludwig.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing, @brankko! Did you put all of these on a list? That would be awesome

I don't think I had any burgers when I visited Berlin last year, I was too busy trying all the german food I could 🙂

But hopefully I will be able to go again and do your challenge, your descriptions made me want to try them all.

Level 5

Hi @InaS! Thanks for your response. And thanks for clarification on automated post marking. Will definitely update it to show Map venues, as it's easier for users that way.

Btw Burgermeister was my fav even before I moved to Berlin. Strongly recommended if you are visiting 😉

Greets!

@LudwigGermany Vielen Dank. Maps Listen sind eine sehr gute Idee. Will es auf jeden Fall versuchen. Diese Liste habe ich eigentlich nach einem Besuch eines Freundes aus Nürnberg gemacht. Jetzt habe ich vor, ihn im Frühling zu besuchen. Wird Ihre Liste definitiv überprüfen.

@Jesi Thank you for commenting. Yes, I made it. I've tried to be short and informative. Now when I look at it, I do miss photos, but will update it probably. It's list of my personal favorites and not the most popular in the city, although it's overlapping. For me personally, Berlin is capital of burgers and sushi, so I may create another list for sushi places. There is so much international food here that it's hard to find good German restaurant in the sea of everything popular.

Thank you everybody. This is my first post here and I have a lot to learn about the LGC, but It already seems that community is great.

Branko Djurkovic
Connect Moderator

@brankko genial, ich habe sowieso vor, im Frühjahr hier wieder ein Meet-Up zu organisieren. Falls es deine Zeit zulässt, dann sag Bescheid. Dann können wir den Termin so legen, dass du teilnehmen kannst.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Google Vendor

You're welcome and thank you for your reply @brankko. I will keep it in mind next time I visit Berlin. Hope to read more posts from you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

@LudwigGermany deal 😉

@InaS Thank you! Sure, there will be more. I'm looking for the local meet-ups.

Branko Djurkovic
Level 7

You should also try Rebel Room at Seestraße (U6).

Level 5

@cBerlin Thanks for the tip. Haven't tried this one.

Branko Djurkovic