RiturajTomar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Best 360 Camera for Street View

Please Suggest me which 360 camera best for 360 photography??

Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
2 comments
Level 9

Re: Best 360 Camera for Street View

Hi @RiturajTomar,

Here is a link for SVT supported camera's. 

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6281877?hl=en

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Re: Best 360 Camera for Street View

@RiturajTomar There are so many cameras in the market and many more coming out in the near future. With the big wave of cameras coming on going, expect prices to keep going down and technology and quality to keep getting better. 

Street View certified cameras have some advantages over non-certified ones, although, even non-certified Street View cameras can still upload 360 imagery to Google Maps and Street View (manually).

In my personal opinion only - If you are looking for a consumer grade Street View certified camera, get the Ricoh Theta V, this is the only camera currently in the market supporting the new Street View auto video capture to street view feature (at the moment).
Or if you can find a super bargain for the Samsung Gear360 (2016) at about USD 80-90.

If you don't mind getting a non-SV certified camera, I would suggest the Xiaomi Mijia360 MiSphere camera.

There is a very recent new video by Ben Claremont, a popular YouTuber for 360 cameras (not promoting him or his opinion though, it's just a person's opinion). You can watch this and many of the other review online (ignore marketing videos) and make up your own mind. 🙂