Gazaly's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Benefits of Getting Verified of the the business in Google Maps

Can anyone provide me the real benefits of  getting  the business verified in Google Maps?
I need with bullet points one by one.

I need to know the benefits only. not the method of verification.

Thanks in Advance.

Saudi Arabia
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Benefits of Getting Verified of the the business in Google Maps

Here are the main points:

1. you can manage the whole presence in Google and Google Maps, with a complete knowledge graph
  2. you can approve or refuse the suggestions coming from the users
  3. you can reply to reviews! This is one of the main
  4. you can add a link for a menu page (if you are a restaurant) that will show in knowledge graph
  5. you can setup by yourself service hours and exceptions
  6. you have a complete BI that show your stats (in terms of search, discovery, clicks, request for directions, phone calls, etc.)

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Here are the main points:

1. you can manage the whole presence in Google and Google Maps, with a complete knowledge graph
  2. you can approve or refuse the suggestions coming from the users
  3. you can reply to reviews! This is one of the main
  4. you can add a link for a menu page (if you are a restaurant) that will show in knowledge graph
  5. you can setup by yourself service hours and exceptions
  6. you have a complete BI that show your stats (in terms of search, discovery, clicks, request for directions, phone calls, etc.)

Level 10

• (You can) manage the whole presence in Google and Google Maps, with a complete knowledge graph
  • Approve or refuse the suggestions coming from the users
  • you can reply to reviews! This is one of the main
  • you can add a link for a menu page (if you are a restaurant) that will show in knowledge graph
  • you can set up by yourself service hours and exceptions
  • you have a complete BI that show your stats (in terms of search, discovery, clicks, request for directions, phone calls, etc.)

Only these or more? Actually my clients are asking me about this. (In details)
that is the reason I asked here to provide me one by one with bullet points (or numberings)
If you know more about this please provide it here..

Thanks..

Level 10

You could add photos in a more organized way; inside shots, from the menu, staff, etc.

You can set a "service area" instead of an address, if you want to hide.

There are only added values!

I think that, for your knowledge, also a list of what you can't do, could help:

1. you can't remove a negative review
  2. you can't directly remove a user photo
  3. you are not guaranteed you will be shown in maps with a specific marker zooming in a specified area
Anonymous
Not applicable

The main and only point I consider is that you can drive organic search traffic to your business website by having a verified business listing on Google Maps.

Level 8

I learned something new today. Thank you @LucioV I never knew that you could do all that you listed.

Level 10

@DallasP wrote:

The main and only point I consider is that you can drive organic search traffic to your business website by having a verified business listing on Google Maps.

True.

This is a good side effect, but for my experience, people are using this mostly on smartphone, and are more keen to click on call or receive directions: but depends on the business type.

This is from a restaurant

Schermata 2017-05-02 alle 06.19.34.png

Level 10

Best wishes,

@LucioV

@Gazaly

@DiAnaUS

@Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @LucioV

The results you show are apart of organic search traffic. What you show are actions taken by the restaurant visitors. In the top insight screen, I'll bet that the direct and organic search traffic are both high. One of Googles top search engine ranking factors is to have your website mobile friendly. Is it any wonder that the vast majority of visitors are using mobile devices?

The screenshot you show is valuable information and is in tune with Sundar's assessment of the monetization of Google Maps.

Anyone on here should follow you and see how they can make money via LocalGuides and Google Maps.

Level 10

@DallasP wrote:

Hi @LucioV

The results you show are apart of organic search traffic. What you show are actions taken by the restaurant visitors. In the top insight screen, I'll bet that the direct and organic search traffic are both high. One of Googles top search engine ranking factors is to have your website mobile friendly. Is it any wonder that the vast majority of visitors are using mobile devices?

The screenshot you show is valuable information and is in tune with Sundar's assessment of the monetization of Google Maps.

Anyone on here should follow you and see how they can make money via LocalGuides and Google Maps.

Hi @Anonymous i agree, but, just for instance, the business i show stats from GMB, HASN'T GOT a website!! Simply, they think they don't need one, and maybe they are right, as we have so many results and traffic from GMB! In other customers i manage GMB/SEO/SEM and Web, of course, and i can tell you that, for newly instated business, the amount of contacts from GMB is 70% of the total.