CHenslee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Being Stalked and Harassed by Business Owner Help!!!

So two weeks ago, I left a negative review for a vape shop in my town. The owner was nasty, he was condescending and rude when I tried to approach him about the issue. My husband works in a vape shop in a neighboring town, but his shop is closer to home so on his days off if we run out of something we just go to one of the local shops. Long Story Short, he calls my husband today, at his place of work, says that he did some research and discovered that it was HIS WIFE who left a negative review and told him he better make me take down my review. My husband didn't even know I did that review. Because, I am my own person, I'm not property. I've left positive reviews for other vape shops, because I base it on my experience. He found me somehow, I don't put my full name online because I've had issues in the past with a stalker. My photo has me in make up and a filter, so it doesn't represent me accurately (for my own safety) and somehow he found me. Now he claims that it's customers of his who recognize me (based on the photo) that used to go to the shop my husband works at. Except here's the thing, I don't go to his work.....his boss and I do not get along AT ALL. So that is a lie, he's now excessively calling my husband and I do not feel safe. This isn't a huge city and it's creepy.is there ANYTHING I can do?

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Being Stalked and Harassed by Business Owner Help!!!

@CHenslee You wrote a review based on your experience, so the owner should be professional enough to apologize for the poor customer experience. Contacting your relatives is out of it. If you feel your safety may be threatened, you have the option of reporting to the authorities or deleting the review. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @CHenslee,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience.

Please reach out to the Google My Business community at g.co/gmbcommunity where the community managers and experts would be able to advise you accordingly. In the GMB community, I suggest clicking on Spam & Policy, then creating a post there.

Please note not to include any of your or the business' personal information, but rather allow a community expert or Googler to contact you to obtain it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi, @CHenslee 
Sometimes, our reviews are not well received by business owners, especially those that are negative reviews. My advice, learn again whether your review is in accordance with your experience and does not violate the rules. Eliminate subjective impressions, which sometimes occur but are not always experienced by others. If possible, change your review, and say it to the business owner. If there are still unpleasant actions, you can report it to the local authorities.

Google Moderator

Hello @CHenslee,

In addition to what everyone had mentioned here, I would like to add as what I replied on your previous post to contact your local authorities so they can properly investigate because business is independent, not owned by Google. 

I will also relabel your post the how-tos topic. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!