N_MC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Added Missing Places - Not showing up in 'Edits'

Hi all, 

Newbie local guide here. I tried adding some new places to Google maps recently and for the first place I added, I received an email and the place showed up in my 'Edits' tab for a short while. But not the place no longer shows up in my 'Edits' tab and I've no idea what the status is. 

I've also tried adding a few other places but none of them are showing up in my 'Edits' tab and I have only received the one email. Did the others not go through? Should I try again? 

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Added Missing Places - Not showing up in 'Edits'

@N_MC Are all your edits recently facing this same issue? Or only some of them? (Asking about the edits that are not visible in your Edit tab)

I just did 3 edits, and all are viewable from the Edit tab and email was sent to me for 2 of the 3 edits (which only 2 out of 3 has been approved). I know previously even the pending edits have email notifications, but apparently I just noticed only the approved ones (I can't say for sure yet).

What phone and OS version and Maps version are you using? 

Level 7

Re: Added Missing Places - Not showing up in 'Edits'

I received an email for 1 edit and it showed up in my 'Edits' tab temporarily saying that it was pending review. But it has since disappeared from the 'Edits' tab.

I did not get an email for a few other edits and they do not show up in my 'Edits' tab. 

My 'Edits' tab is now blank 😞 

I am on a Google Pixel3 XL running stock Android.