世界には40億ビューの人もいるのですね。
世界は広い。
もっと頑張らなくてはいけません。

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Local Guide with over 1 Billion Views

@Briggs thank you very much to mention me here

@さへきひろのぶ wao big Congratulations tou you on this great milestone achievement 

@TariqMahmood @AkmalB @Sami-ur-rahman @TorM have a look at brilliant achievement

Level 8

@Briggs dose he have

@Briggs wrote:

Hey check this out @OSAMA @ProfArunCM @Anonymous @DavidTito @JonasKL @SalmaanN @PaDeSSo @Julien44 @RupendraNeupane @DshottDennis

This Local Guide is different from Trey Ratcliff (the one who had 4.5 billion photos across 5 photos). Truly unbelievable work from this Local Guide from Japan.

a Connect profile?

Level 8

Level 10

Thank you so much for responding and sharing your endeavours and diligence @さへきひろのぶ.

I want to summarise what you've said (to the best for my own Google translations) in dot-point form for future reference, because your story is one that inspires me to be a better local guide. Also with a brief commentary too.

• When you started, there were barely any photos around your home city (Tokyo)
  • Anything, and everything that is shot in a short amount of time while passing by is all uploaded to Google Maps. Photos that take extra time (such as menus, or interiors of restaurants) are left for visiting guides or those with specialty blogs instead.
  • With each journey you take about 1000 photos, and often the uploading process is painstaking. I agree!
  • All Local Guides have the ability to contribute in multiple ways, either by taking photos and/or doing reviews.
  • And it's all done with the basic tools, just take a photo and upload on Google Maps through Google Photos.
  • You do this around twice a week, and plan to continue at a rate of 2000 photos per week for the next five years. Woah!
  • Originally you wanted to achieve 200 million views by 2020 due to the incoming Tokyo Olympic Games. My goodness, you have gone above and beyond! You still have two more years before the Olympics, but I'm sure you will do very well in your passion!
  • You mentioned the phrase "Ikki Tousen", which to the official translation is "A Mighty Knight who Matches a Thousand Knights." In the spirit of a Local Guide, you equate it to "A Level 10 Local Guide for a thousand other guides." Even humbler for just a hundred too.
  • And all of this you do, in awe of other local guides is not the only way to contribute. Yet at the heart of it all, you'll have done an immense amount of contributions for the city of Tokyo.
  • At the end of it all, there are 4 billion viewers (well, if you're talking about those who have access to the internet, it's about 3.58 billion right now), and there's still much more left to do. In our lifetime, the world is constantly changing and evolving, but I say keep up the great work you've done!

Right now, you are one of my biggest inspirations for the program. You've kept the Tokyo Olympic Games in mind during some of your contributions and they are helping everyone who goes into Tokyo. You're like a Local Guides legend! Probably the one with the most points (c'mon, who else has 1.3 million points), the one with the most photos, and the one with the most views (apart from Trey).

Thanks for sharing your time with us today to write up your humbling experience. I will learn from you and keep Ikki Tousen in mind. Once again, amazing and phenomenal work.

Level 8

Hi @さへきひろのぶ..

There is no words from me to describe your great great effort on reaching this heights. Your contribution is so much amazing and is very motivating... I Salute You for your hardwork.. I wish you the best for your goals.. And thanks for tagging me, @Briggs..

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Seems something go wrong with Google Maps on desktop with his number now, or just me?

2018-06-11_09h50_14.png

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 10

Level 8

@Briggs wow truly amazing, thank you for sharing....

Level 10

Quite amazing.  Thanks for sharing.