AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: A Lisbon Street with a Story!

Dear @AdamGT

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful story with us about a city.

Stay safe 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Connect Moderator

Thank you @baraturizoli and @KamalHossenR for your comments and I'm really happy that you also liked this story about one aspect of this amazing city in Portugal. I am looking forward to writing a little more about this beautiful country.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 3

спасибо что поделились, интересно было читать

Former Google Contributor

I was based in Evora@AdamGT, which is a 100 km from Lisbon and the city is smaller but extremely beautiful. Have you heard of it? I studied there as an Erasmus student and that's why I had the chance to stay that long. I took regular trips to Lisbon, where a colleague of mine stayed and i just fell in love with the city the first moment I saw it. It is one of my favorite European cities as well! Your post brought back a lot of great memories, thank you! 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Oh yes, isn't it where the Chapel of Bones is @Bobiisha ?  Haha like me I too fell in love with Lisboa the first moment I saw it.....just an amazing city.

Former Google Contributor

Exactly, @AdamGT. Did you had a chance to see the Chapel? I went a few times (because when different friends came they always wanted to see it) and I admit I got the goosebumps. I mean it was kind of creepy. However, Evora is a great city, although small there are a lot of historical places to see and the whole city is a UNESCO World Heritage site. How amazing is that! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Oh no @Bobiisha I could only visit it with one eye shut and I think on seeing that entrance sign “Our bones are here, for yours we wait” I'd run lol 😎.  Oh dear you visited each time you had friends visit 😞  So you are a Chapel of Bones experienced tour guide 😉  But yes we knew about it and debated visiting Evora when on our first trip to Lisboa.  My friend so wanted to see it with her own eyes plus there are a number of museums and historical places there and as you mention the whole city is UNESCO World Heritage listed so it must be an amazing place.  You should write a post about it and add some photos 😉

Connect Moderator

Lisbon is on my list and while I would certainly enjoy and marvel at the historic buildings and amazing street scenes I would be visiting to ride and if I can talk my way into it drive the roller coaster trams 🙂

Paul

Level 8

Lisbon city is a symbol of  renewal and rebirth  and the story remembers me the Phoenix phoenix bird  who got life from the pile of debris and ashes. Thanks @AdamGT for the very informative and interesting post.

Level 9

@AdamGT 

I look on the castle of Obidos but didn’t got in. To my opinion this village is so beautiful and special. 

Here you can see a screenshot of my Portugal road trip.

screen-shot-2021-04-10-at-11_optimized.55.41.png