Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

油泼扯面 (Chinese Noodles With Chili & Soy Sauce)

There are various kinds of Chinese noodles, not only the classic you can usually spot in common Chinese restaurants. There are noodles of various sizes, even rolled noodles (as seen here). This dish features noodles of large size, quite similar in size to Italian pasta “pappardelle” (while the most famous noodles you can usually spot in common Chinese restaurants are thin and more similar to Italian “spaghetti” in size).

This dish, in Chinese, is called 油泼扯面 and it consists in these large size noodles (often artisanal when ordered in a restaurant), cooked with spicy chili, vegetables and soy sauce. An egg is usually also added to this yummy dish. It is really tasty and for people who love spicy food, it is a perfect choice!

E90F06A8-E7E5-4F8B-9836-EFBF9C66B498.jpeg

Chinese Biang Biang Noodles At Tang Gourmet, MilanChinese Biang Biang Noodles At Tang Gourmet, Milan

4 comments
Level 8

Re: 油泼扯面 (Chinese Noodles With Chili & Soy Sauce)

Ciao @Anonymous, thank you for sharing. I like spicing food and these Noodles must be delicious.. I take note of this place for my next visit to Milan  Have a great long weekend 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooh yeah these noodles are really delicious. This place is famous in Milan and these noodles are just one of the various food they have. They are famous for their handmade dumplings, then for fresh noodles and rice dishes. Honestly, I have tried half of the menu and liked everything, also prices are ridiculously cheap for the quality. I definitely suggest it to try on a trip to Milan! They are mostly targeted to Hong Kong food even if they have recipes from different regions of China and even a Korean dish.

Former Google Contributor

Very interesting dish. I've never heard or seen such type of noodles, but they definitely look very appetizing. Thank you so much @Anonymous for bringing my attention to this post. I'm adding the restaurant to my list for when I go to Milan.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KlaudiyaG these noodles are a really regional recipe as they come from Shaanxi province and cuisine from this area is generally unknown. These noodles are very large (more or less like Italian pappardelle, talking about size, maybe even larger) and restaurants who propose these usually prepare artisanal noodles, as these noodles are surely delicious when handmade and cannot be even found in common Chinese markets abroad, so they are generally hand-made.