Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheung Fun (腸粉)

They are a popular dish in Hong Kong. Cheung Fun (腸粉) are rolls of noodles: they are a particular kind of Chinese noodles of large size and which are prepared in order to be rolled. These rolls make the Cheung Fun dish, available in various kinds of versions. Very few Chinese restaurants actually propose this dish: you can find it in places featuring highly developed Chinese communities: otherwise, a trip to Hong Kong is the best in order to taste this dish!

A9625F22-FAD7-4461-8808-7B60038E48FA.jpeg

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Cheung Fun (腸粉)

Yes, this is common food in Hong Kong, and I am sure you can find more different choice here.

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Former Google Contributor

That's for sure, @Brett. 🙂 Do you like Cheung Fun?

@Anonymous, you definitely have tried some incredible Chinese dishes. Are they a lot of authentic Chinese restaurants in Milan? I can't say that in Bulgaria we have. I mean Chinese restaurants yes, but I wouldn't categories them as pretty authentic. Also, what Cheung Fun taste like and is it soft?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KlaudiyaG Cheung Fun can be made with various ingredients, so you will taste mainly the main ingredient, just like it happens with dumplings. There are various kinds of Cheung Fun, with meat or with vegetables. Also soy sauce is added during preparation so you also taste it. At the end the taste is not much soft, Chinese people like it because it is very tasty! 

Former Google Contributor

Interesting indeed. Pretty sure that the taste will be completely different from the one that I'm imaging. I'm looking forward to try this as well. What's your favorite kind of Cheung Fun? Is it with vegetables, @alessiohanci?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah @KlaudiyaG , also I love Chinese vegetables in general, especially lotus: also when doing hotpot, I could eat dozens of lotus, cause I really like it.