henser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Review has been removed from business

Hi Community,

Yesterday I wrote a review about a printing business I went to get a print done. I was overcharged by 10x normal market value and naturally unsatisfied with that fact I wrote a review in that business's google account. The review followed all the guidelines, was accurate, truthful and well-structured. It was immediately online and stayed like that for a few hours until it got removed without any justification. I suspect that friends of the business owner mass-flagged my review to remove it from the public. These suspicions come because the business owner contacted me via email showing concern about the negative review and because 3 new 5-star reviews popped up from first time reviewers, right after I wrote my negative review, which is totally off pattern from previous reviews timeframes. Worth noting that most of the businesses reviews are from first time reviewers.

What can I do to make my review visible again. Followed many recommendations in google forums like reediting, removing special characters, removing and making a new one, but nothing seems to work.

When I'm logged in it says that my review is being made publicly available when in fact it's not.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adelaide SA, Australia
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Review has been removed from business

Hi @henser,

Welcome to Connect and nice to meet you.

Thanks for reaching out. Please be informed that Content on Google Maps is only removed if it does not adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content policy. We also inform you that Google Business cannot delete or remove review by themselves, however they can flag an inappropriate Content to be reviewed by a Google Moderator. 

You can also find more information about report inappropriate business page in here.

Additionally, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 4

Hi @FelipePK,

Thanks for the welcome message 🙂

Since I wrote the message the review went back live and is looking fine now. The only difference is that my review dropped down to the bottom of the list and is no longer being displayed in chronological order like most of the other reviews.

I reckon what happened was that the review was inappropriately flagged getting removed and then reposted for not breaking any of the guidelines.

So, apparently it is sorted now.

Thanks again.

Have a good day

Former Google Contributor

Hey @henser,

You're so welcome. I'm glad to help and please don't hesitate in contact us if further help is needed. 

Have a great that too 😃

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @henser,

Welcome to the world of sharing.

Local Guides connect is a platform where you can share your thoughts, recommendations, ideas, and get solutions to your issues in google maps.

That's great to hear that your issue has been solved and think you have got a solution for that by one of our Googler. 

Hope you'll continue posting the content.

Regards

Jafar pasha

Level 4

Hi @Jafarpasha,

Thanks for the welcome message.

I though I had this sorted and the problem was solved but unfortunately the review keeps being put down despite being honest, truthful and respecting of the guidelines.

This is really frustrating and it is seriously affecting the reputation of the Google review system to my perception.

If you have any idea on how to solve this, I am all ears.

Cheers,

Henrique