abhiGLG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Requesting to create a feature 'EMOJI for #LocalGuides'

I feel glad in requesting the feature "Emoji for #LocalGuides" on the internet and on many devices. I want to experience this feature, also would like Local Guides around the world to use it and feel proud of being a #LocalGuide and a part of GOOGLE. Emojis are really helpful tools to clarify the tone of digital conversations. 

Speaking of modern communication, the inspiration behind the emoji was actually influenced by the creation of the emoticon. An emoji is an image that depicts an expression and is standardized across several platforms: iOS, Windows, OS X, and Android.

iPhone uses quickly learned that they could activate the emoji keyboard to add fun little smileys and icons in their text. The emoji movement has since expanded to being regularly used on all sorts of social network sites, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and others.

I am desperate to see the world using Emoji for #LocalGuides, on the various platforms of Google like GoogleMaps, Locations, Local guides, etc. #LetsContribute 

• I look forward to receiving positive responses from Local Guides, Connect Moderators, Google Moderators, and Administrator on this idea. Also, your suggestions are most welcome and will be most valuable for everyone. 

@TraciC @LudwigGermany @ErmesT @Shirley @brittym @ArielleM_ @GeorgesHR @Atsukot @YanniY @Britty_Oakes A sample of #LocalGuide EmojiA sample of #LocalGuide EmojiThe moment when this idea struck to my head.The moment when this idea struck to my head.

Moscow, Russia
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Requesting to create a feature 'EMOJI for #LocalGuides'

@BruceDM @MarinSt @KlaudiyaG @NadyaPN @Csaba @IlankovanT
@PaulPavlinovi  @NunungAfuah @SoniaK @KarenVChin

• I look forward to receiving positive responses from Local Guides, Connect Moderators, Google Moderators, and Administrator on this idea. Also, your suggestions are most welcome and will be most valuable for everyone. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @abhiGLG

I agree that emojis are taking a huge part of the virtual communication in social media and chat, nowadays. However, Google Maps and the Local Guides program cannot be compared to any of the common social medias.

My personal opinion is that, when contributing on Google Maps we don't need to use emojis that much, especially when writing a review, adding a new location or editing an existing place. The information on Google Maps needs to be thoughtful, trustworthy, clear and accurate representation of the places, as described in the Community policy. And we have the ratings, when it comes to what is the feeling of the visitor about the place.

I'm curious what are the opinions across the community.

@abhiGLG To echo the opinions of @MarinSt, I want to share the Guidelines for representing your business on Google. Here are some takeaways:

• Represent your business as it’s consistently represented and recognized in the real world across signage, stationery, and other branding.
  • A business name must not include: Special characters (e.g. %&$@/") or irrelevant legal terms unless they are part of your business’s real world representation
  • A business name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers
  • Accurately representing your business name helps customers find your business online

On another note, you can use emojis here on Connect! For example, on a Mac, activate the emoji keyboard by pressing control + command + spacebar 🙌🏼😉

Level 8

Hello @MarinSt@brittym

Thanks for your response to my idea. I agree with the facts you mentioned, I would like to add few of my points according to my observations on social media towards digitalization and launching new tools to keep updated ourselves and making it more interesting every day. 

1. No doubt, Google is always ahead and remain on the top with its advanced technology serving to people compared with other social sites.
  2. According to an article published on CNBC website in June 2017, The BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking saw Google retain its top spot.
  3. Moreover, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook lead most valuable global brands list.

With more clarification, I want to add a point to my idea, this emoji for #LocalGuides will be available on all of the devices through the medium of iOS, Android, Windows, etc under the tab of Emojis, with all the Emojis, which are used by all the users on Mobiles, Tablets, Laptops, Computers, Whatsapp, Viber, Telegram, Hangouts etc. every day. It will be one more innovative and creative contribution( after badges, kudo, levels, and labels) to the emoji world by Google after that may also help to bring out the creativity of Local Guides while using various colors of #LocalGuides Emojis.

I am also curious to know the opinion of the community. I hope to get a few champs in favor who may add more flavors to this idea.

Thanks,

@abhiGLG 

Ah, so are suggesting an emoji appear on Twitter every time someone uses the hashtag #localguides, as you might see around a particular event like the Super Bowl or around a TV Show? Plus, also adding the Local Guides logo into the Google keyboard? 

Level 8

@brittym

Below are the screenshots, where it can be added.  In past two years, plenty of new emojis are added because of their popularity, they are trendy and look cool. Also, provides a signature icon/symbol to categories.     

Such emoji could be added to a category known as #LocalGuides Category. Just an example ))

What is your opinion about it?

7784128-3x2-940x627.jpgemoji.jpg#LocalGuides emoji in various colors#LocalGuides emoji in various colors

Level 8

@Corrie @kmajewski @LuisRG

Hello, I would like to know your opinion/suggestion also on "create a feature 'EMOJI for #LocalGuides". Please read the request idea.

Thanks in Advance.

@abhiGLG

Connect Moderator

Hi @abhiGLG,

I unmarked this as a Solution because you are asking for feedback from Google Moderators, Connect Moderators, Google Administrators and not a "solution" to your post.

To read more of when it is appropriate to mark or accept a fellow Local Guide's post as the "solution,"  please read Tip: How to mark replies as solutions - "Accept-as-Solution" feature.

Cheers,

Karen

@abhiGLG wrote:

@BruceDM @MarinSt @KlaudiyaG @NadyaPN @Csaba @IlankovanT
@PaulPavlinovi  @NunungAfuah @SoniaK @KarenVChin