trupy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Points, Offers and Rewards

Hi All, 

Not sure if it's only me but my pictures have been viewed 46,000 time and I have not received any additional points or rewards? Is it the same with everybody, does it make sense to contribute but not get anything in return. Opinions, feedback?

Toronto, ON, Canada
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Points, Offers and Rewards

Hello @trupy

A huge congratulations for 46000 view on your photos. 

Let me clear, perk for local guides come time to time. Since perks are based on your points so keep contributing. I can see you earned your level 4 before 1 hour ago. There was a perk/offer for local guides who reach level 4 by 31 August. 

Kind Regards 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@trupy Local Guides is a volunteer service, and whilst Google may choose to offer small perks once in a while to members, for most part, there isn't really much of any direct reward per say. Personally for me, I am a contributor as well as a user of Google Maps. I use it to locate services locally and even more when I travel out of my area or out of my country. I use it for looking for products and locations, and I use it for navigation etc. In that sense, even if Google does not give me anything directly, I do benefit from the collective contribution of all Local Guides through all the information shared/stored in Google Maps. I guess, if everyone comes from a perspective of contributing only if to have a direct benefit, then no one will contribute at all, and we won't have the current Google Maps as we know it. So, I'd contribute for this particular reason, in the hope that everyone else would feel the same and continue contributing. Because I know I will benefit from it.

Level 6

After 6 months and 160k views of my 200 pics, still no perks at all? why is that?