ele's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Integration of Google Maps and Nest? Google Maps powering a delightful "Welcome Home" experience.

Is there a planned integration between Google Maps and Nest? 

Desired user experience:

As I approach my home, my Google Maps app alerts my Nest (proximity and geo-fencing) , and starts the air conditioner / heater five to ten minutes before I arrive, based on my preferred settings (personalization) .

This configuration can be done via the Google Assistant or directly via an integration on the Nest app. 

I see the same type of integration driving proximity services with the security system/ garage door / garage lights, or other IoT enabled devices. 

A nice way for the Google Maps to drive a delightful "Welcome Home" experience.  

An extension of this can be done on the Delta (airline) or Marriott (hotel) check-in, where the reservation email creates a trigger as I approach the airport or the hotel, and helps a better check-in experience. This can be anywhere from "instructions to chek-in faster" to "waiting time on TSA line". 

Articles on Local Guides:

It’s January 2028. How will the Google Maps look like ten years from now?

Are we contributing to the right platform? Is Google Maps winning with users? The threat of Facebook

Integration of Google Maps with Walmart/ Target/ Home Depot Inventory and Google Express

Ten Key Ingredients of Google Maps: Ingredient 1 – The “Search By location” useless project

Help with your hypothesis: A clear "How to" for a photo to be picked as main pic for a location.