Omkar_warghade's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to connect with hangouts

How do I stay in contact with local guides using hangouts. HOW DO I enter into google local guide contest.. I have no idea.. please help me.. I am level 7 local guide still I didnt received storage of 1TB anyone can explain why?

Omkar Warghade
Pune, Maharashtra, India
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to connect with hangouts

Hi @Omkar_warghade you've got several questions there so I'll answer each of them.

@Omkar_warghade wrote:

How do I stay in contact with local guides using hangouts.

To start a Hangout with another Local Guide you need to know their Google Account. It is discouraged for Local Guides to share their personal account details and to undertake all communication inside Connect. If there is someone who regularly interacts on your posts that you know here in Connect you could send them a private message asking if they would like to do a Hangout but please don't ask people you don't know.

HOW DO I enter into google local guide contest.. 

I've not seen any contests, there is an invitation only event called Connect Live in San Francisco. If you qualify you get an invitation to apply. From the applications 150 people are chosen. Those going this year are already chosen so keep an eye out in April/May next year for an announcement for the next one.

I am level 7 local guide still I didnt received storage of 1TB anyone can explain why?

The drive storage promotion ended a long time ago (a couple of years). Unfortunately a lot of external blogs and websites still talk about it as though it is current.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to connect with hangouts

Hi @Omkar_warghade you've got several questions there so I'll answer each of them.

@Omkar_warghade wrote:

How do I stay in contact with local guides using hangouts.

To start a Hangout with another Local Guide you need to know their Google Account. It is discouraged for Local Guides to share their personal account details and to undertake all communication inside Connect. If there is someone who regularly interacts on your posts that you know here in Connect you could send them a private message asking if they would like to do a Hangout but please don't ask people you don't know.

HOW DO I enter into google local guide contest.. 

I've not seen any contests, there is an invitation only event called Connect Live in San Francisco. If you qualify you get an invitation to apply. From the applications 150 people are chosen. Those going this year are already chosen so keep an eye out in April/May next year for an announcement for the next one.

I am level 7 local guide still I didnt received storage of 1TB anyone can explain why?

The drive storage promotion ended a long time ago (a couple of years). Unfortunately a lot of external blogs and websites still talk about it as though it is current.

Regards Paul