Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: people that are frustrated because the bots won´t approve their edits

@Atsukot If you read my posts you see, that i full respect for the performance of the LGs. These are all volunteers and do a big job for all of us, also fir google. I miss the respect about that on the side of google. No Feedback, no Information or Discussion. There are changes, no one knows what happend. It looks like also Mods here do not know what the monster "algorithm" does. To tell, "accept it or go" is not a good choice because we will be all loosers no matter what choice is choosen.

After the change of the algorithm many LGs left the community.

It is not only the "algorithm" google have to rethink. There is also concept problem with claimed businesses. I see so many advertisement and other things which are against the rules. There is still no way to give feedback. On POIs and bussines-site should be a banner like at the reviews. There should be a review process on photos also. To get rit of all wrong Photos only in austria we need 100trets of workers.

If there is a future for LGs there is much work to do and to do something better. I never used Map Maker, but as i read there was not that much problems and frustration. I think we can get rid of spam, wrong entries with motivated LGs better then the algorithm. But now, we lost very hard working LGs and demotivate many. It looks like, Google sees the algorithm more important than LGs. But thats the wrong way. A KI will never full replace 50 millions of human brains.

Rethink!

Level 7
Level 7

Re: Forever Not Applied.

I have the same problem,

i edited a lot of border village, and it started to immediately reject my normal edits too.

Examples: 
https://goo.gl/maps/H2mT5ASs75F2

currently name : Auto Princip Bt. - autó eredetiségvizsgálat, autó eredetvizsgálat, előzetes eredetiségvizsgálat

what i want : Auto Princip Bt.  (or Auto Princip Bt. Eredetvizsgálat) 

another one:

https://goo.gl/maps/ojy3N32y64y

this Mayor's office is placed into the middle of graveyard (if i know well they arn't undeads 😄

the first building to west next to the lil street is the correct one (you can check in the street view)

And the Official website is : http://litke.hu 

The most absurd is: there is a company which is categoriesed as a "Garden" but thier basement and where is the map show them is an old soviet block of flats.

https://goo.gl/maps/M5k6R3NXTRm

the glorious algorithm reject it automatically without reason 😞 

lokal.jpg

Level 7
Level 7

And the street adding...

I started to map one of our biggest import marketplace territorie at Budapest the "Ganz".

There is few street what was accepted when there was the MapMaker , I try add this streets since 2015 but everytime nothing happens . 

This streets are private , but they are public to use, because the markets voted it.  A lot of them are Named too.Screenshot_2017-11-07-08-51-30-385_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

IMG_20171107_090416.png

I signed with red the missing roads, since 2 years or more nothing happened...

Connect Moderator

I would imagine @Ozi that the Maps team were unable to verify the streets were public. In many places the streets come from official government sources.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Place Creation Not Applied!

Hello everyone I've been trying to add some new places but once I click submit and go to my contributions to the edits tab I find it automatically not applied, 

As per the screenshot below .. 

What's happening, what's wrong!?

Screenshot_20171107-103630_01.jpg

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
Level 8

Re: Place Creation Not Applied!

Just to make it clear, during adding places, I add more than one photo and open days and hours .. !

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
Level 9

Hi @MarwanTawansy,

We are sorry to hear that, this post explain well about this problem. You can try adding all details such as contact number, website & minimum one photo for verification purpose.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7
Level 7

But I added the other routes at the territory , in the first 4-5 route what I added in the old MapMaker was accepted without problem, had access to edit them too . But since years ago nothing happening. 

Level 8

@HsRawal  

I am sorry if my response to you was not clear. As Flash explained, I said the opposite. 

@Briggs

Thank you for your contributions to this thread yesterday.  It would have been easier to ignore the interaction here, but you didn't. So, thanks.

I am sorry to hear that there is no noticeable improvement with regards to your approval rate. Question though, did you follow the advice by Gus to keep resubmitting (a) valid edit(s)?

The reason I am asking is that I am wondering if this could trigger a different response by the system. It has been suggested by others that after resubmitting the same edit x number of times you go from instant not-applied to pending. Could this be a way out your "zero trust score" situation?

Level 10

That's okay @JeroenM. I could've left it as is, but leaving someone hanging isn't always appropriate.

That's correct. I tested Gus' advice for three particular edits, one that is the map marker, and two for a category.

1. TAFE NSW Meadowbank Library
    From the middle of the road to the building, I made edits on a bi-daily basis, until about two weeks in when I decided to send it as "app feedback" instead. It has since been corrected, despite all my edits being not applied immediately.
  2. Terry road lookout
    From a restaurant to a scenic point, I continuously made edits to change this over a span of a week probably every two days. Since then, someone has successfully changed it to a tourist attraction. Not exactly the most touristy, but it will have to do.
  3. Genesis Vietnamese Cuisine
    From a restaurant to a Vietnamese restaurant, I have attempted this edit about six times (add three consecutively tonight) since it was first rejected two weeks ago since I've been frequenting the suburb of Epping prior to going to TAFE. I've also eaten here. All at different times, different days. No luck at all. The business is not currently claimed.

I don't need to proc the system into thinking I'm a spammer.I don't need to proc the system into thinking I'm a spammer.

The system has not changed its response to any of my repeated edits, and still therefore I still possess no trust whatsoever. What actually really confuses me is the fact that these 'safe edit' hours updating is also not being not applied as well, when it was firstly suggested by Sampson to make as such. I guess that was because I attempted to "second-guess the behind-the-scenes algorithms".

I do not have a reason to make edits as of this time.