franzbona's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Feedback submitted to GMaps team at #LGSummit17

Not really a feature request or anything, just a brief recap of the features / bug fixings I submitted to GMaps Engineers at the Summit 17 🙂
Keep an eye on them, guess most will be implement soon - or at least they were already sent to the respective teams!

[ ] GYROSCOPE: On my device, and probably on many others, the blue dot does not have the directional "cone". I reported it and also told my friends to do it with #LGSummit17. Hopefully it can be solved soon! 

[ ] CALENDAR: I believe it would be very cool if - other than opening / closing times of a place - we could also have a calendar for opening / closing periods or holidays of places (e.g. most places in Milan are closed the whole August, but they seem to be open on Maps). 

[ ] ADD TO MAPS: As I reported in one of the sessions, sharing pics directly on Maps is a bit cumbersome. If I press "Add to Maps", a certain place is suggested, but if I want to choose another one I can only do it via the list or by searching it, which is extremely difficult if I don't remember / know the wording of the place, so I have to go back and redo the whole process. Would be great to search for / select on the map directly. 

[ ] SUGGESTIONS: If I choose not to upload a certain picture, this remains available in the suggested ones to add to Maps. If I just want to get rid of it, I click on the "X" but a popup warns me that I'm actually discarding that certain place from future suggestions, not that very photo. Guess pretty easy to solve.

[ ] GHOST PLACES: Some photos I uploaded are linked to a place which then results as empty or not existing. Probably it was removed or something similar (my case was La Habana Vieja in Cuba), though I can't do anything then, and my pictures (with 100k+ views) cannot be reached anymore. Would be cool to update it / move it to a new place.
In theory, the same happens when I add a new place (also adding a photo to it), which then remains idling without a real place. 

[ ] REPORT: Would be really useful to be able to report a specific user, e.g. when this posts tons of bad / similar photos, so to cut the spam easily.

[ ] QUESTIONS: Some questions are worded in a misleading way and might mean different things to different users. Maybe a short description below could be added (or just "?" to know more about a certain question about a place)

[ ] LISTS: The lists are too limited via desktop. I can only see my starred places, and the lists I share can be browsed just 10 by 10. Would also be great if these could be "collaborative" like a GDoc, where multiple users add stuff to them. A "marketplace" for the lists would also be a cool idea. 
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Feedback submitted to GMaps team at #LGSummit17

Level 8

Re: Feedback submitted to GMaps team at #LGSummit17

Yup I actually noticed, tho there's a lot of space for improvement! 🙂