Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Feedback Requested: Help improve the questions we ask in Google Maps

In October, we launched a better way for Local Guides to give us feedback on the questions we ask you in Google Maps. This product change came about because of feedback from you on the kinds of questions we ask and the places we ask them. Now we want to go one step further.

The Google Maps team wants to know what other questions about places we should ask on places in Maps. Whether you think we should ask about attributes for hospitals, WiFi, defibrillators, visually impaired accessibility, gluten free options, dog-friendly, or non-gendered bathrooms, we want to hear about it.

Please leave a comment with your suggestion OR give a kudos to the suggestions you agree with by December 3rd, 2016. The product team will then take all of these suggestions and add some of them into Google Maps.

connect_image.png

81 comments
Level 10

Re: Feedback Requested: Help improve the questions we ask in Google Maps

Would love to have informations on accepted payment methods:

• mastercard
  • amex
  • visa
  • bancomat (the debt card usually issued along with any bank account in italy)
  • checks
  • travel checks
  • ticket lunch
  • paypal
  • bitcoin

This could be really useful for restaurant, shops and so on (specifically for me, no cash, always...)

Connect Moderator

@Corrie thanks for give us a chance to answer a question option improve,, 

This is different Question  from one to another country...

But WiFi service question is very important for all..

So I suggest to  new question add  first.. ...

1. WiFi sservice

2. Hospital - Ambulance Services 

3. Restaurent - Bengali, chines, Italians, thai, French etc what type of restaurant 

4.Educational institutions -  Has any Bus service like as school bus / hostel

5.Supermarkets  -  information/help desk..

6. Park /amusement park  - Have any watch tower/ birds watching tower

plz see my feedback,my suggestion Will help people...  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corrie

For cafes,bars... and all type of restaurants, also for parks, squares and other places where can be allowed or prohibited:

Under one card, select one answer:

- No smoking

- Smoking allowed

- Separate area (room) for smokers and area (room) for non-smokers (This answer should be adjusted, there are many cafes,restaurants... that have separate non-smoking areas within the same cafes,restaurants...), (parks and squares for example have marked areas where smoking is allowed)....

This can be great help for both, smokers and non-smokers.

Level 10

@DraganK wrote:

@Corrie

For cafes,bars... and all type of restaurants, also for parks, squares and other places where can be allowed or prohibited:

Under one card, select one answer:

- No smoking

- Smoking allowed

- Separate area (room) for smokers and area (room) for non-smokers (This answer should be adjusted, there are many cafes,restaurants... that have separate non-smoking areas within the same cafes,restaurants...), (parks and squares for example have marked areas where smoking is allowed)....

This can be great help for both, smokers and non-smokers.

Really appreciate this! But this could be unuseful in California... you cannot smoke in any place, including open air areas 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LucioV Yup, I know that some countries have such prohibitions...but Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia does not have such a law...also I was be in Oslo, Lillehammer where you can smoke on marked areas, also in Vienna I was saw similar...In Tunisia also...Maps is not used only in California and USA 🙂

This is also example about my posts where I was writing that people from 1st countries cant fully understand whole world 🙂

Level 10

I know @Anonymous, it's still a problem also in Italy, but we are in a better situation than many years ago (i can't believe we were used to smoke in cinemas or in airplane... when i see movies where actors smoke in these places i feel immediately bad...).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LucioV Yes, yes...but this can be helpful for tourists from developed countries because they cant believe that smoke is allowed in some restaurant but there is a room for non-smokers or they can find a cafe or restaurant for non-smokers...In my town there is non cafe for non-smokers, in nearest "larger" city Banja Luka...well there you can find cafes/restaurants for non-smokers or cafes with separate room for non-smokers...

And also, some people who smoke they can find what they need,there is also people from developed countries who smoke 🙂

I think that in airplane from "there", smokers still can smoke on back seats of the airplane 🙂

In parks and squares it is normal to see people to smoke...

But in some countries, there is marked area, or market table in cafe for smokers...

I dont know, I think this can be useful for all 🙂

And also this is good for businesses, people can write reviews if they have sign "no smoking" but still they allow smoking 😉 or reverse etc.

Level 9

Hi,

As i said earlier Hospital review in this forum I would also like to add a few more questions. 

Whether emergency/trauma services available here?  
Is the hospital open for 24 hrs? 

Whether outdoor treatment(OPD)/ Day care facility available?

Whether Blood tests/ investigations like basic imaging (CT/MRI scan, X ray, USG etc.) done here? 

Are the hospital staffs good ? 

Whether blood bank is available ? 

Does they have ambulance/air lifting service ? 

Are they support defibrillators ? 

There were some sad incidents (fatal chocking of foods in food pipe) occurred here in kolkata restaurants/schools in past. The victim could have been saved if fellow people had emergency tips chart. So I would request please add this question like "whether emergency aids is there ?" [for example :Choking Rescue Procedure (Heimlich Maneuver) chart Image ] under restaurant listings. 

Thank you,

Shaunak 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 10

Hi @Corrie, "dog friendly" is very important (to me 🙂 

@LucioV wrote:

Really appreciate this! But this could be unuseful in California... you cannot smoke in any place, including open air areas 🙂

When I first visited Googleplex in Mountain View, CA, and asked where I could smoke, I was told "in Nevada" 

cigi