GéraldM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Feature request : Adding email info ?

Hello,

I guess other people may have also thought about that : but why not add the email info on places.

Some small businesses does not have a phone, but they do have an email if you want to contact them...

Also : some shy people don't like to call and they prefer to email....

>>>Also what if a small business doesn't have a (direct line) phone number but only a mobile phone > should you add it to the map ?

THanks in advance for your feedbacks. 🙂

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Feature request : Adding email info ?

@GéraldM actually, e-mail addresses used to be included, and was depreciated and removed a couple of years ago. The reason was (if I remember correctly) that it was a haven for spammers to harvest valid e-mail addresses from, and most businesses had a "contact form" on a website, where a customer could reach them by e-mail without opening the path for spammers.

At this point I doubt that they will return that feature.

As far as putting a mobile phone number on the listing, if that is their only phone number, then it is permitted.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States

View solution in original post

Level 10

Level 9

ok sorry for reopening that subject then ) but it seems like an important feature.

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 10
Solution

@GéraldM actually, e-mail addresses used to be included, and was depreciated and removed a couple of years ago. The reason was (if I remember correctly) that it was a haven for spammers to harvest valid e-mail addresses from, and most businesses had a "contact form" on a website, where a customer could reach them by e-mail without opening the path for spammers.

At this point I doubt that they will return that feature.

As far as putting a mobile phone number on the listing, if that is their only phone number, then it is permitted.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 10

I'm not agree to enable email field again for all POIs, Because it can increase number of fake POIs on the map. But maybe it would be good for verified businesses to include emails in their info box on the map.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides