cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Error 495, what's wrong?

Hi everyone and connect moderators.

Screenshot_2018-04-05-05-09-34.png

I started experiencing difficulties updating my Google map app since sunday 30/3/2018.

When I try to update it it says error 405 after wasting so much time trying to update. 

I did a trouble shoot, deleted my cache, and even deleted from play store cache, off and restarted the phone yet no headway. I am still getting error 495.

Please what could be wrong?

i I uninstall the app and reinstall it, will it still be having all my contributions and level or it will shoot me down to a starter point?

@ErmesT, @

A-Beta
Lagos, Nigeria
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Error 405, what's wrong?

@AnitaAO, I am going to move your post over to Feedback and Features Request forum so the Googlers can take a look.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@AnitaAO wrote:

Hi everyone and connect moderators.

I started experiencing difficulties updating my Google map app since sunday 30/3/2018.

When I try to update it it says error 405 after wasting so much time trying to update. 

I did a trouble shoot, deleted my cache, and even deleted from play store cache, off and restarted the phone yet no headway. I am still getting error 405.

Please what could be wrong?

i I uninstall the app and reinstall it, will it still be having all my contributions and level or it will shoot me down to a starter point?

@ErmesT, @

Hi @AnitaAO,

I think you've tried everything with google map and play store. Few questions I've about this issue. 

1. Have you tried to clear the play store/google play service data?
  2. If you uninstalled the app and then installed then why the problem persist? (because you only can download latest version from play store). 
  3. Operating system with version?
  4. Try checking your Apn/internet settings.

Keep us posted 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Thank you @deepakjhic for wanting to help, from my post your question number was Answered, question number has not been tried hence my question from the post...

So do I uninstall the app?

Will it not wipe off my old contributions?

A-Beta
Level 9

Hi @KarenVChin. Thank you for your quick rescue feedback, I will be waiting...

A-Beta
Level 9

@AnitaAO wrote:

So do I uninstall the app?

Will it not wipe off my old contributions?

Hi @AnitaAO,

Thank you for writing back. Kindly answer the questions mention above. 

There will be no effect on your contributions in installing or uninstalling the app. 

Level 9

Ok, thanks a million...

At questions:

1. Have you tried to clear the play store/google play service data? Ans: YES
  2. If you uninstalled the app and then installed then why the problem persist? (because you only can download latest version from play store). Ans: i will do that now since it will have no effect on my contributions
  3. Operating system with version?: Ans: i need to check this to be sure
  4. Try checking your Apn/internet settings.: Ans: My internet settings are fine
A-Beta
Level 9

Hi @deepakjhic, I have just tried all the options you listed below, after uninstalling the app, it's still not updating...

#tears

A-Beta
Level 9

@AnitaAO wrote:

#tears

Hehehehe. Why you're worried about it? 

Which cell phone you are using? 

Level 9

#surprisedatyou @deepakjhic. Should I not be worried?

Well, I was playing Waldo on Sunday and I enjoyed it, I have not found the last location of Wally yet because i need to update the map to continue.

Secondly, extra points are being given for reviews, if I don't update I cannot enjoy the give away too!

Are these two reasons not enough for me to be worried?

A-Beta