KubaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Email as a conact

Why are email addresses not part of google maps? I think, they should be as important as the mobile phones are. 

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Email as a conact

@KubaM, I've moved your post over to Feedback and Feature Requests forum so that the Google Engineers can read your feedback.  They may not respond to you directly, but they do read everyone's posts here in this forum.

Thanks @BishowvijayaP for recommending @KubaM to provide his feedback there.

Cheers,

Karen

View solution in original post

Level 9

@KubaM wrote:

Why are email addresses not part of google maps? I think, they should as important as the mobile phones are. 

@KubaM ,

Without an email ID neither you can access connect forum nor contribute to map. 

Is there anything you want to say plz let me know. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@deepakjhic

I have probably written it wrongly. I mean this. When you have a restaurant, pub, shop or something else in Google maps, there could be an email address as a contact. sketch-1502227225825.png

as it is in picture. 

Connect Moderator

@KubaM I'm can't say whether this is really the case or not, but it's to prevent from web scraper data mining information. Most business will have their contact info (including email addresses) on their website, which they usually provide. Some businesses might not have the resource to monitor email, and would prefer phone as a form of communication. I'm curious though, is there any specific reason you're asking about this? I'm just trying to think of a use case..

Level 7

@iyudhi I know, that who has websites has also a page with contact information including email or phone number. Anyway, somebody could prefer phone and somebody email. From this point of view, phone is as important as email. So, why do we have a phone in Google maps while emails are not there? 

Level 10

@KubaM

I can't address your question well but if you think it is very necessary to place emails also in google map you can request for it in feedback and features section.

Please be sure to mention your valid reasons in support of putting emails on google map locations. 🙂

@KubaM wrote:

@iyudhi I know, that who has websites has also a page with contact information including email or phone number. Anyway, somebody could prefer phone and somebody email. From this point of view, phone is as important as email. So, why do we have a phone in Google maps while emails are not there? 

Connect Moderator
Solution

@KubaM, I've moved your post over to Feedback and Feature Requests forum so that the Google Engineers can read your feedback.  They may not respond to you directly, but they do read everyone's posts here in this forum.

Thanks @BishowvijayaP for recommending @KubaM to provide his feedback there.

Cheers,

Karen