Stanlyok's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Can't upload photos to Google maps

Hi all!

With latest update all options of adding your images to Google maps have disappeared. Anyone else has this problem or a solution?

Thanks!

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Can't upload photos to Google maps

Hi @Stanlyok

Is this place a city, town or a village? If yes, you won't be able to add photos to it but to a POI in it, for example restaurant or hotel. 

Cheers, 

Marin

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@Stanlyok Hi !! 

Some polygon Locations on Google Maps like any city or boundary edits like this has no any Review and add photo options. You can add photos on any business or point of interest locations... 

Otherwise if you have any more question feel free to reply with a screenshot...

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 3

Thanks for the reply @ShafiulB!

Looks like the location that made me notice this previously had the option of adding images since there are user-uploaded photos besides Google Street View. Now I guess it got either downgraded or those pictures were added before some change.

Is it possible to upgrade locations to POI and what't the process?

Connect Moderator

@Stanlyok wrote:

Thanks for the reply @ShafiulB!

Looks like the location that made me notice this previously had the option of adding images since there are user-uploaded photos besides Google Street View. Now I guess it got either downgraded or those pictures were added before some change.

It has another option for adding photos like this places. But for clear answer plz share the place kink here.

Level 3

Sure! Here's the place:

https://goo.gl/maps/9k6QqanDMxM2

And this is the photo:

NO16_DSC7342.jpg

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Stanlyok

Is this place a city, town or a village? If yes, you won't be able to add photos to it but to a POI in it, for example restaurant or hotel. 

Cheers, 

Marin

Level 3

Hi @MarinSt!

It's a typical Norwegian village consisting of couple of houses – so no POI besides the village itself (=

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, if i understand correctly, you're saying we should be able upload for a specific POI?  However, on 30th April 2018, I'm getting a 'can't upload' error when i try to upload small jpg files for a POI, namely a restaurant called the Fuego Lounge, Lewes (https://goo.gl/maps/JU7xjPDaD3n)

Level 7

May be you can try to clear the cache memory of Google maps application. If that doesn't solve, you can try restarting the phone, that usually solves the problem. 
If its really possible to add a photo to a place, then the chances that the app is having a issue is very less.
And even by the remotest possibility the app is having issues, Google usually releases new updates for the app in couple of weeks for providing the fixes. That will definitely solve your issue.

But I hope that its just some issue with the cache or phone being overloaded and may need a restart.

And one last alternative that will always work is try uploading the picture using a Google chrome browser on your laptop or computer, Because I can see that uploading pictures option is available for the restaurant The Fuego Lounge, Lewes.

Level 7

Same here!

Since I updated the Apps, it does not upload any photos I try to post to ANY EXISTING SPOTS in the Maps.

I will not keep the photos for long.

I will try three times to upload. If it still does not work, Bye Felicia!