Piehti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[BUG REPORT] error "form.MessageEditor.action.ChooseBoard.error" when choosing category

Howdy,

I receive the following error message, every time I start a discussion. To be more precisely: Everytime I select a category for the posting.

When doing ( https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true 😞

Screenshot 2017-07-02 09.55.55.png

I receive:

Screenshot 2017-07-02 09.31.23.png

...while using...

Screenshot 2017-07-02 09.31.44.png

...and...

Screenshot 2017-07-02 09.44.47.png

Best regards,

Piehti

14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: [BUG REPORT] error "form.MessageEditor.action.ChooseBoard.error" when choosing categor

Hi @Piehti, thanks for flagging. We are aware of this issue, and for now, it looks like the way out is to have the "Body" field of a post filled before selecting the board to be posted at. 

Can you try the suggested method and see if it works for you? Thanks!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Error in choosing board

I keep on getting an error choosing board message (

on my browser when I have chose a board like How to... or general discussion except if I choose meet up in the drop down menu Is it my problem?
Victor Ochieng' Odongo
Level 8

Re: Error in choosing board

Hi @VickyO,

Sometimes, Connect insist we need to enter the Subject first.  

Please try if you still got the same error after Subject is not empty.

Level 9

Picking a category gets form.MessageEditor.action.ChooseBoard.error

When I click on "Start a discussion" I get a red band across the top of the window with this message in white text:

form.MessageEditor.action.ChooseBoard.error

in it. It happens when I pick any category. I'm using the latest version of Chrome. It does not appear to affect the functionality, I'll know more after I'm able to post this messages!

Connect Moderator

Re: Picking a category gets form.MessageEditor.action.ChooseBoard.error

This could be caused by many different extensions, including ad blockers, script blockers, etc.;   Could you please see if there is a difference if you reattempt in incognito mode so that no extensions are running?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Hmmm... incognito mode makes no difference. Using Firefox makes no difference. Using Internet Explorer with all toolbars and add ins turned off makes no difference. I get the error all the time...

Level 9

Perhaps seems like a known problem? Well, at least others are having it, although that still doesn't mean there isn't a simple explanation. I don't have lots of fancy extensions and have never seen a problem with any other site. Here are a couple other reports:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/I-think-I-need-Tech-support/td-p/133402

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Error-in-choosing-board/td-p/179960

The second link suggests that sometimes you need to add a subject first. I tried that too, but it didn't work. Yes, I am picking the category before doing anything else on the page.

Level 9

Well, it seemed to work even with that error so maybe I'll ignore it 🙂

Level 9

Odd, others are reporting it with other sites...

https://community.commbank.com.au/t5/NetBank/netbank-no-category-dropdown/td-p/93768

One post up from the bottom...

Level 10

Bug in connect: chooseboard error when selecting the board from the category menu

Hello,

When I want to write a new message, if I try to select the Board from the Select category  menu, I get the error message: form.MessageEditor.action.ChooseBoard.error with the addition error message: please enter a value for this field. Please see creen copy below

Capture écran ChooseBoard.error in connect 20170511.JPG