KubaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

An idea about shopping centres etc.

Hello, as we discussed here, the system of buildings with more than business inside should be improved.

The problem is, that when you look at any shopping centre, there are a lot of shops tagged in maps and it looks like a mess. But shopping centre is one building, one place with common entry, so Google maps should show only it. 

I think, that when you tap on the tag of this shopping centre, there could be a common information of the centre and a list of shops inside. Surely, these shops will still have full information like business hours, websites or photos and reviews. And they will be also still searchable.

P.S. The Shopping centre is only one case, but the same problem I see with offices of more companies in one building.

7 comments
Level 10

Re: An idea about shopping centres etc.

Hi @KubaM this is something that could be achieved with Google Indoor maps program, available for mall owners/managers: https://www.google.com/maps/about/partners/indoormaps/

When an Indoor Maps is loaded, when you are in the Mall area, your G app will prompt you with detailed directory of the center and an inside map with exact location of shops, will appear in maps.

Level 7

@LucioV and does the indoor maps change the normal view? I think, both of these things can exist together. 

Level 10

Level 7

Screenshot_2017-06-22-17-56-57.png

This is a centre without indoor map. The "OC Frýda" is a centre, other labels are shops. But if the indoor maps were set, it would show me only the label of the centre? Am I right? 

Please, @LucioV @can you send me a link with some centre which has indoor map to understand it better?

Level 10
Level 7

@LucioV

After more extensive examination I have found out, that there could be something like "intermediate product"

The indoor maps are great but they don't have a list of shops and they are not available everywhere and not everybody can add them. 

So my idea is to let Local guides with a higher level (for example 5+)  to tag place as a Centrum and fill the list of shops and services which are in.  Anyway, the floor plan could be added only by the owner of the mall, or centrum.

Level 7

@KubaM @LucioV hi guys, your idea and discussion here has made me think of a new suggestion for Local Guides. I've just posted it:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Shopping-malls-mapping-for-LGs/m...