Introduce Yourself — September 2026

Terima kasih banyak ya @Raad_AlKindi :folded_hands:t2:

You’re capturing these architectural styles beautifully. :bangladesh::sparkles:

Ahsan Manzil in Bangladesh is also an extraordinary example of architectural elegance and craftsmanship. :classical_building:

1 Like

@Raad_AlKindi

Welcome to Google Local Guides community !

We hope you join us within the upcoming Vitrual meet-up this Friday at 7.00 PM Cairo Time

1 Like

Thank you very much, Mohamed, for the warm welcome and invitation. I would be happy to join the virtual meet-up this Friday at 7:00 PM Cairo time. Could you please share the meeting link and any registration details?

1 Like

Thank you very much, Mr. Ray, for your kind words and for sharing this beautiful photograph. Ahsan Manzil is truly impressive; its symmetry, dome, columns, and distinctive color give it a remarkable architectural character. I would love to visit and photograph it one day. Greetings from Baghdad to Bangladesh! :iraq::bangladesh:

with pleasure , @Raad_AlKindi

Here’s the post:-

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t/virtual-september-18-arabian-google-local-guides-meeting-general-discussion-sharing-experience/578104?u=obadamaps56

And here’s the invitation :slight_smile: :-

https://calendar.app.google/K3xzdk5T4C19x6mGA

Additionally, We’ve made a what’sapp group for Arabian Google Local Guides and Arabic Speakers , you can join us too.

Waiting for you!

I hope early coming to Dhaka, Bangladesh :handshake:

Hello @Raad_AlKindi and welcome back to Local Guides Connect.

I want to inform you that I’m merging your post to our monthly feature Introduce Yourself — September 2026

Moreover, Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode).

1.Name:

2.Location:

3.What I love about being a Local Guide:

4.My favorite thing to explore:

5.Fun Fact about me:

A landscape photo of you with a brief description.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Read first! Connect community guidelines for more information on Connect redesign FAQ: Your questions answered!,
& You can also Visit Community guidelines & you can read also How do I write a topic on Connect? for in-depth resources on the Connect features.

and many more :blush:

1. Name: Raad Hani
2. Location: Baghdad, Iraq
3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I enjoy sharing useful information, photos, and local experiences that can help people discover places and understand cities better.
4. My favorite thing to explore: Architecture, historic buildings, urban spaces, and interesting places in different cities.
5. Fun Fact about me: I am a consulting civil engineer with more than 25 years of experience, and I have a strong interest in architecture, travel, and documenting places I visit.

I’m happy to be back on Local Guides Connect and look forward to contributing to the community.

1 Like

Hi,

1. Name: Nayara da Silva Reis
2. Location: World
3. What I love about being a Local Guide: After seeing so many places this way, I have learned that travel is not simply about finding what is beautiful. It is about experiencing a place as it really is, discovering what is worth knowing, what could be improved, and what makes a place unforgettable.

That is why becoming a Google Local Guide means something special to me.

We are living in a time when technology and AI are becoming part of almost everything we do. We can ask a machine where to go, what to eat, what to see, what to read, what to listen to, and even how to experience a place.

But there is something technology cannot truly replace: being there.

The smell of a local restaurant. The feeling of walking barefoot through a small village. A conversation with a stranger. A hidden beach someone tells you about. The atmosphere of a place that cannot be fully captured by an algorithm.

And, perhaps most importantly, another human being saying:

“I’ve been there. This is what it really felt like.”I believe that is the true value of Local Guides.
4. My favorite thing to explore: See the world from a different perspective than I’m used to.
5. Fun Fact about me: I’ve traveled to Antarctica and had the opportunity to explore a place I’ll never be able to fully put into words.

Thanks so much and I’m looking forward to exploring all Local Guides experience.

15 Likes

Halo @NayeKev sebelumnya saya ingin mengucapkan selamat datang dan selamat bergabung di komunitas Connect ini,
Ijinkan saya memperkenalkan diri sekalian yaaa
Saya Titik lokal guide dari Indonesia :indonesia:
Cerita anda sungguh luar biasa sekali. Saya sampai membacanya pelan-pelan dan saya terharu sekaligus kagum dengan anda. Keren dan foto-fotonya sangat menarik dan bagus banget. Tetap semangat ya dan sukses selalu. :folded_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks so much ,Titik

I simply love Indonesia so much a :blush: .I’ve been living there for couple of months and my favorite places were : Munduk ,Sidemen,Komodo and GiliAir! The people are so happy and have a such beautiful way of living ,being grateful ! And I really loved Nasi Goreng hehehehehe. Nowadays I’m in Brazil enjoying the summer , but next year we are planing go to Indonesia.

2 Likes

Waaah nasi goreng memang enak sekali yaaa
Saya juga sangat menyukai nasi goreng @NayeKev
Sekarang kan kita sudha tersambung kan,?
Jika ada agenda ke Indonesia, khususnya wilayah Jakarta dna Tangerang boleh hubungi saya xixixi
Siapa tahu bisa ketemuan xixixi
Terimakasih saya senang berkenalan denganmu :hugs::folded_hands:t2::heart_hands:t2:

1 Like

What an interesting story! I think you should write a book​:smiling_face:

Oh yes, I totally agree with you​:+1:t2: Lately, I’ve been enjoying reading honest and genuine reviews from Local Guides much more than the promotional texts written by travel agencies or paid bloggers.

1 Like

Your story is truly inspiring, Nayara! :globe_showing_europe_africa::heart: I really admire your courage, curiosity, and the way you experience each place beyond just being a tourist. Your words about Local Guides are so meaningful—our real experiences can help others discover the world in a more genuine way. Wishing you and your husband many more incredible journeys and unforgettable memories! :raising_hands::sparkles:

1 Like

Welcome @NayeKev to the Google Local Guides Community, I hope you enjoy it as well as enjoying your new life.

Additionally, Thanks for sharing your story of making a major change in your life. it’s an inspiring experience. For years, I dream about leaving everything behind to make a fresh start in a new place.

Greetings from Egypt !

1 Like

Such an incredible journey while capturing amazing frames with good perspective on travel. I really love how you connected real-life experiences with the value of being a local guide. Wishing you both many more awesome adventures around the world.

1 Like

I let you know ! Thanks so much

1 Like

Thank so much Khatira. I’ve thinking about a book , but my travel life has been crazy so maybe in future I will think about hehehe for now I just write on polarsteps and Instagram hahaha

1 Like