Hello thank you for the tip. I will definitely add this to my post. ![]()
![]()
![]()
Hi @Jeanniewrightphotos, @Olivier-Boulouris-83, @Iridiana, @MusaEldoud, @JennGibbsAllOver, @Dawn48393, @James.Roberts, @MyDearFesTours, @MushGoesPlaces, @Jtoro, @Wallan, @Dob, @ndwolf68, @Minifig, @Cblovett95, @Ibrahimeskay, @Edugnr, @Cmurillo, @C_servin, @WellTravelledMind, @Qazman, @OZLER, @maiconlarafernandes, @Valentyna, @Purplesunflower, @sengkim88, @GGProvo, @Sportfishingalex, @Amauris49, @Supportive_Sunshine, @Midcambridge, @MrDeeds, @PaulTutte, @HausofClaus, @BethMou02, @1734, @Brian81, @korisman, @Annie333, @Lpuncel, @Gold_Gator — Congratulations on earning your Badge! ![]()
A warm welcome to all of you who recently joined Local Guides Connect! — a vibrant space to learn, share your experiences, and grow together as a community.
I’m excited to see your upcoming contributions and connect with each one of you!
You’ve Started Strong — Keep Going!
- Start Your Journey on Connect: Read, Share Your Story & Join Meetups
A simple guide to help you write your first post, share your story, and participate in meetups - Whenever you get time, explore the Community Guidelines section and read any topic that interests you.
- Introduce Yourself — June 2026
If you want to be featured in the monthly Introduce Yourself post, share your introduction in the comments with a horizontal photo (landscape mode), following the five prompts mentioned in this post
Explore & Get Involved
- 2026: Local Guides Events & Experiences
A must-read if you’re interested in attending Local Guides events - Forthcoming Meet-ups
Join in-person, virtual, or hybrid meetups to connect, learn, and grow with the community
How did you discover Local Guides Connect?
- After receiving an email
- I discovered Local Guides Connect in a different way
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
You’re not from Dubai are you because I’m not the Prince of your country
Halo @Kulikuli, wah kebetulan sekali sama-sama tinggal di Malang ya. Silakan ikutan Instagram komunitas Malang Local Guides di sini: @malanglocalguides.
I love Local Guides. I have fun going places and taking pictures of awesome things that I think and know others would love to encounter as well. The reviews definitely help.
Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @Cieranicolespringer
It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:
- Welcome to the new and improved Connect!
- Community Guidelines
- How do I write a post on Connect?
- 5 Core Values of Connect
- Sharing photos and videos on Connect? Read these guidelines
We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.
To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.
Hi @Veghead88 nice to meet you here ![]()
Hi everyone, I’m Jenn, and I’m joining Local Guides Connect as JennGibbsAllOver.
I’m based in Northeast Arkansas, where small towns are full of places that can be easy to overlook if you’re just passing through. That’s part of what I love about being a Local Guide.
Some of my favorite places to review are not flashy. They’re the pizza place that becomes a family tradition, the little shop with unusually kind service, the hotel that gets the basics right, the roadside stop that makes a long drive easier, or the local restaurant where the people behind the counter clearly care.
When I review a place, I try to answer the questions I would want answered before going:
- Is it clean?
- Is the service kind and helpful?
- What should someone order or look for?
- Is it family-friendly?
- Is it worth a special stop, or just convenient?
- What kind of person would enjoy this place most?
I’m especially interested in small-town gems, local food, road-trip stops, community spaces, and places that make a town feel more human.
I’d love to hear from other Local Guides: what makes you stop and leave a review instead of just moving on with your day?
Hi @JennGibbsAllOver welcome to Connect! Thank you for sharing that insight into your ‘routine’. I’m not well placed to answer your questions, as I hardly ever write reviews - as I am a local guide who is mainly active in making edits (indeed, there are different LG types
).
One more thing: please remove your email address from your signature, as forum users here are encouraged not to share contact details publicly, for privacy reasons (you can do that in personal messages, of course).
Thanks for the warm welcome. I made that change to my profile. Looking forward to sharing more local details about Piggott, AR and the surrounding region.
Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @JennGibbsAllOver
It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:
- Welcome to the new and improved Connect!
- Community Guidelines
- How do I write a post on Connect?
- 5 Core Values of Connect
- Sharing photos and videos on Connect? Read these guidelines
We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.
To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.
Hello @Iridiana welcome to Connect.
Nice picture, can you tell us a bit more about it? Is it close to where you live (in which case you could make quite a few people jealous
) ?
Talk about a view!
Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @Iridiana
It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:
- Welcome to the new and improved Connect!
- Community Guidelines
- How do I write a post on Connect?
- 5 Core Values of Connect
- Sharing photos and videos on Connect? Read these guidelines
We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.
To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.
在台灣苗栗牛欄河畔走道河邊走走看看風景名勝區,很多遊客遊玩地方之一!
Hello and welcome to Local Guides Connect! @yesss3641
Thanks for sharing your post.
It’s great to have you here with us. Before you start exploring the community, we recommend checking out these useful topics:
- Welcome to the new and improved Connect!
- Community Guidelines
- How do I write a post on Connect?
- 5 Core Values of Connect
- Sharing photos and videos on Connect? Read these guidelines
We’d also love to hear a little about you. Feel free to introduce yourself and meet other Local Guides in our monthly introduction section.
To keep the introductions together in one place, I will merge your post with the monthly thread.
Hello everyone!
My name is Yuniar Ristanto, and I’m from Indonesia. I enjoy exploring new places, trying local foods, and sharing honest reviews on Google Maps to help others make better decisions.
As a Local Guide, I love contributing photos, reviews, and useful information about places in my area. I believe that even small contributions can make a big difference for people looking for accurate and reliable information.
Besides being an engineer, I am passionate about technology, photography, and discovering unique local destinations. I’m excited to connect with fellow Local Guides from around the world, learn from your experiences, and continue making Google Maps more helpful for everyone.
Thank you, and I look forward to being part of this amazing community!
#LocalGuides



